4310316 begins

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Waiting for positive comment. Heck, waiting for any comment. Anyone care to comment?

You car is going to be cool Alan! You can enough HP to backup the motorsport emblems and all of the extra badges!

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
SO finally talked to him on thur and hes checking all the wiring and voltages so thatst a good thing
it seems he supports a lot of race cars so the reason for the delay
he was at luguna seca all last week workin on racers.
and his mother passed away
go figure - so the reason for the delays.
i would think this week it should be running as im going to hound him every day
time is wasting.
so i still have a lot to do to get it perfect together
i think ill have to pull the sunroof again and burn the cables as with the new felt they are just too tight to move easily
then i have to reassemble the console as i needed to reset the air guage there.
the driver door outside chrome wasnt perfect so need to get it back from johnsons and reassemble
the door alignment needs to be done and i have to repaint the top of the fenders and nose as
it got scratched up in all the work.
i found a gosh awfull teanny dent in the truck but luckily its in a spot where its acessable from the inside so
i have to find someone to fix without cracking the paint.
lost my silly gas cap key
whacko so key guy.
then 4 days of mothers on every piece of aluminum on the car.
then------------- it off to the races.
i hope i can run it atround sonoma to test it out
i would think it would be available to the shop guys there.
ok

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so bill at sonama was called into service to move a few cars out of harms way because of the sonoma fire
so my car is in historic company and on its way to being fired.

Illustrious company indeed. But I'm not entirely sure your choice of words is the most appropriate in this case.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill Arnold is a good man to house the collection and help get it out of harm's way. Hope the home and garage where they are usually kept is spared from the flames.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
SO finally talked to him on thur and hes checking all the wiring and voltages so thatst a good thing
it seems he supports a lot of race cars so the reason for the delay
he was at luguna seca all last week workin on racers.
and his mother passed away
go figure - so the reason for the delays.
i would think this week it should be running as im going to hound him every day....

...did Larry David write this for you ?

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm kind of bummed seeing this thread at the bottom of page 2. Alan do you have any updates? Good news?

Happy thanksgiving!

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
THANK YOU VERY MUCH MICHAEL
TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALSO
SO all the wiring was miss done by the guy that merged the eta
so hes done that and now is setting up the comp
big bucks later.
yikkes
but id say within the next month as theses only so much you could do you know
bill is a serious perfectionist so he saw all the work ive done and wants the wiring as well done
so heyits only money right
God bless

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
UPDATE
1-Your outline of your efforts is very helpful, and makes my appreciation for the car even deeper. Thank you for making the time to provide this description.
2-Yes, the great unraveling continues. There were a number of conditions in the power supply relay assembly and related wiring which made it unreliable, and offered the likelihood of heating/shorting=fire. Not good for magnificent Blue Max. I expect to have that area correct, durable and secure soon.
3-The trigger, fuel, and ignition circuits will be next, followed by throttle and sensor sections.
4-Though I have many hours than this, inspired as I am by your creation, as of yesterday, I need to invoice you for 25 hours/$3250(25 x $130).

1-To anyone competent and familiar with these cars, the truly impressive effort, in time and cost you have made is a testament to your vision and your commitment.
2-The magnitude of your creation, system upon system, detail upon detail is tremendous, unique, and as such anyone making a quote to effect making the engine run, without seeing and examining the assembly as it sat, would have been quite in error.
3-In doing this work, my plan is for the engine operation to be reliable, and produce the most power, durably, possible.
4-Thus, the wiring and connections must be secure; correctly joined, terminated, and insulated. There are a number of joints which show good effort, but poor result, as well circuits incorrectly routed. It is imperative that these be corrected, for safety and for correct function(the ECU is very sensitive to voltage, current, and resistance values outside the specified ranges, and to instability in these values).

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
looks like for sure i found the right man for the job

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

tmason

Reaction score
Alan,
You should change the name to Blue Bullet and leave Max to the one and only Legend here.
I only wish I could of meet him before his passing :(