4310316 begins

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So i fixed my cap locks so i wont appear to be shouting anymore which will make alot of people
happy.
so ive had numerous and various offers for the engine
some to buy others to trade for this or that
of course the "safeest way to go is the b30
i really like the path of another s38 just because its so beautiful yet they are prone
to beaking from what everone is saying.
so im still up in the tree on what to do.
if i can get a quarantee on another s38 ill go that route and save all the hassel of a revised exhaust system]
and wiring setup as then icould get the oem motronic to run it.
if not then ill get the boring b30 engine that ever body else has
i guess its because i want the car to stand out and with the 38 it has that possibility.
ok

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, I've not followed this thread closely, but I am wondering Alan - have you made a real world comparison between the B35 and an S38? Mike can obviously chime in on this, but I think of the S38 as an engine that really comes alive above 4000 rpm. I couldn't put my fingers on this data readily, but I believe that if you look at lower end torque, the S38 and B35 are pretty similar up to about 3500 rpm.

I raise this most of us do the vast majority of our driving below 3500 rpm, and we usually need to find a special time and place to run our cars above 4000 rpm. I know the S38s are sexy, and very unique, but if you had one, how much use would you get from its extra capability?

Also, consider the fact that even with a boring little engine in it, you would be driving around in one of the nicest automobiles ever made. There is a lot to be said for that experience.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
YES THATS THE TRUTH
IM GOING TO SELL THIS AND GET A REAL SIMPLE SOLUTION WITH THE 3.5 FROM SOMEWHERE AND
HARNESSS AND ECU STOCK FORM 7 OR 6 SERIES
WOOPS left the cap on

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score

BMW E28 E24 E23 L7 M30 3.5L Motronic Bosch 35 pin DME ECU Computer 0 261 200 059​

do i want this for another engine?

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
what do i want to find?
i really need to get my coupe running
ill lokin for an engine and stuff
now
thansk for the help don your a livresver

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
can i use this with my s38 now

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CAN I USE THIS FOr my engine now

Bejoe16

Reaction score
Having had the luxury of swapping and driving an e30 with an S38b36 and m30b35. My opinion that the m30b35 has similar low end torque as the S38. S38 screams over 4,000rpm. It comes down to cost vs goals. S38 is much more expensive. M30b35s are easy to find and are much cheaper to rebuild and maintain. S38 sounds a bit better and and is powerful up top. I sold my S38 e30 and still have my m30b35 swapped one.

Tim M

Reaction score
I WANT A ENGINE THATS CLOSE BY
Matching # one in your garage. Rebuild it and the problem is solved! + Money saved put a set of 73 bumpers on and make it Paul Cain Twin Sister :)

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan.. Please cut and paste Chris's post into a word doc, increase the font size to 30pt or more and print out 12 copies to spread around the house. That will raise the probability of success dramatically...
I don’t understand…. How does that work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 128