Another question for the gurus...
I was taking some parts to be powder coated and started looking for my rear bumper mounts. In RealOEM it looks like the bumper was mounted to the body using two "bows" (basically metal racetrack shaped hoops), and there was a plastic covering over that.
Can't find those anywhere. All I have is a baggie with some bolts taped to the bumper (my special organizing method!)
So I started down the usual parts search rabbit hole, and found a thread from 2018 where guy had made his own coverings.. The photos inthat thread looked decidedly different from my car.
Here is a photo of a car with the "bow" and covering.
Then I notice a post by @HB Chris that mentions this was on 1973 E9s... Mine is an early 1972...So, I go look at an OLD photo of my car (back before I bought it..) and sure enough, my rear bumper is mounted very very close to the body.. No gap, no covering showing...
Did the earlier cars have the bumper mounted closer to the body? RealOEM shows two different bumper setups for 1972. One with the "bow" and one without it..
No Bow
Bow (#8 in the pic).
I suspect I can't find the bow part because it is not used on my car. Can anyone confirm this?
I was taking some parts to be powder coated and started looking for my rear bumper mounts. In RealOEM it looks like the bumper was mounted to the body using two "bows" (basically metal racetrack shaped hoops), and there was a plastic covering over that.
Can't find those anywhere. All I have is a baggie with some bolts taped to the bumper (my special organizing method!)
So I started down the usual parts search rabbit hole, and found a thread from 2018 where guy had made his own coverings.. The photos inthat thread looked decidedly different from my car.
Here is a photo of a car with the "bow" and covering.
Then I notice a post by @HB Chris that mentions this was on 1973 E9s... Mine is an early 1972...So, I go look at an OLD photo of my car (back before I bought it..) and sure enough, my rear bumper is mounted very very close to the body.. No gap, no covering showing...
Did the earlier cars have the bumper mounted closer to the body? RealOEM shows two different bumper setups for 1972. One with the "bow" and one without it..
No Bow
Bow (#8 in the pic).
I suspect I can't find the bow part because it is not used on my car. Can anyone confirm this?