72 Restomod clubracer build

bdigel

Reaction score
Ive got a huge to do list to get the car race ready , so I spent my time on useless bling ! I hated how the door handles looked without the rest of the trim.

DSCN1316.JPG

So we cut them down and shaped them to fit the curves and gave it the " Mangus Walker " effect , drilled and countersunk holes

DSCN1315.JPG

DSCN1317.JPG

and reinstalled

DSCN1318.JPG

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Handles might look nice in a mat black or color coded to the car? Just a thought- the chrome looks a little out of place but who am I to judge :)

bdigel

Reaction score
Handles might look nice in a mat black or color coded to the car? Just a thought- the chrome looks a little out of place but who am I to judge :)

Peter you can judge all you want , hahaha Your work on your coupe is stunning so I value your opinion ! wish I had thought of that while it was apart , may have to revisit that if I get distracted again .

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Peter you can judge all you want , hahaha Your work on your coupe is stunning so I value your opinion ! wish I had thought of that while it was apart , may have to revisit that if I get distracted again .

I have no street cred as far as restorations go, but I was wondering if bavaria handles would be a direct swap. They are tapered on the ends since they aren't integrated with the belt-line trim. The <Magnus>personal touch</Magnus> speed holes are a must though.

They look great!

bdigel

Reaction score
I have no street cred as far as restorations go, but I was wondering if bavaria handles would be a direct swap. They are tapered on the ends since they aren't integrated with the belt-line trim. The <Magnus>personal touch</Magnus> speed holes are a must though.

They look great!

I don't know if they would fit , I don't even remember what they look like !
worked on one of the last large projects remaining this weekend , The air box is actually making progress, and after test fitting in the engine bay I had to relocate the fuel lines , coolant lines ,hose clamps, dipstick , etc. etc .

DSCN1319.JPG

DSCN1320.JPG

Now the Carbon Fab guy can build the endplate and we are ready to roll

DSCN1321.JPG

DSCN1325.JPG

one more test to make sure the strut bar would clear

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In my opinion the drilled handles are a little too much for the era represented. Surely they didn't drill them back in the day? I'd keep them they way the cars were prepared. Your car looks amazing btw.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
40 pages of an amazing build and all this drama about door handles. I recommended the e3 handles because of the gap at the top of the handle. I couldn't figure out why yours have a gap. Well after much consideration, it is because Your door handles are upside down!. This is my one and only technical contribution to your thread. :D

Should look great after you flip 'em over.

bdigel

Reaction score
40 pages of an amazing build and all this drama about door handles. I recommended the e3 handles because of the gap at the top of the handle. I couldn't figure out why yours have a gap. Well after much consideration, it is because Your door handles are upside down!. This is my one and only technical contribution to your thread. :D

Should look great after you flip 'em over.

Ha ahaha ! thank you ! I knew something seamed wrong, its hard to get things together when you get a car that has nothing , when I got the car besides not having floorboards, drivetrain, it didn't have any trim or the door handles . the body shop hung the handles after they painted the car , and I just never could wrap my head around what was wrong , thanks Guys !!

now back to getting it race ready !! hoping the carbon guy will actually finish the damn airbox ! its time to run the car for what I built it for .

DSCN1334.JPG

bdigel

Reaction score
DSCN1367.JPG

DSCN1368.JPG

The label tape was peeling off so got some different label's , and they look a bit better

DSCN1370.JPG

DSCN1371.JPG

DSCN1372.JPG

made another "to do list" , hopefully I get this list cleared out and get the car to the track I the next couple of weeks

bdigel

Reaction score
since you guys disliked the outer doorhandles ,I doubt you'll like my solution for the inner's

soYtvYSAkeHn2MQt94ffrrbutF9noVKhyxLcL-ZJRHraNvmJdUWfLEK8NNMam8WZKaKlH1LHT0S48mfct7dalPRHsTHe7w5IdYXoEzUEm9-jUadOEkLIHVlzJXr5CtlJ3M0ofm4LcgRkmN39iwKcVDtfubPWw3IyDllYTSjmGsUnfyaFscUYXrvJy8VQtaykBjj9dGYOtu33p1tJOlKHEnA9ThtFGDVsRa65eow_mpxBGetJ1irsfPviklFoQZj8x-4gOV0QEuliBUsEZXlVgugL3TofmfDUf4k5nhJSIXOpBX0Dzt8BsmY5aMMV7MXtSJ0xTP57v9Otpr4JNKq3qSaJ2Vv364EHGzuvR73URCxK2G4Kvu6aus7avYS2bMdMNPL-T08WxxSOmaiEYmju2n8lg8-Og8I1J_YssoGQ2GzgsPnW_dGedTS2NwTCYD3Vxg-UIXu0IcMlawYqdy2FEEvt9xB22NvrMyEzdGP5A_VJuQCDcp7SqZIyM_Zxx66Fkjoq3Khcv8U-93CG7oBR1NYRTkyJh5SqWwIpiPNt9E_Y0Fhkn7EBDD63-0CSuilPP8UA5O8gr3Dzwakpp8ZydqXu3bj8qMw=w795-h597-no

bdigel

Reaction score
I like the contrasting color but I admit, painting the outer door handles would improve the look.

one of these days I may get back to the door handles ! haha . I made a huge effort to try to get the car ready for a track day next weekend, but I just didn't get enough done . really bummed out . anyway's one project from today that I think you guys will approve of . Scored a set of Wed's ayear ago, got some 10 inch barrels made to fit them, put them together today and mounted one of the fronts

DSCN1387.JPG

DSCN1393.JPG

DSCN1394.JPG

floridabmx

Reaction score
Those weds look amazing. way better than the bbs rs, IMO. I always imagined you would go to BBS considering you live in Atlanta and put in an order for some new BBS E50 :mrgreen: