'73 Golf Bavaria Build Thread

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are some sneak peeks of my TUCKED REAR BUMPER!!!! AND THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE! OH YEAH!!!! Custom brackets, no more 10mph '73 only metal hoops pushing rear bumper out. WOW those are heavier than you think so shed some weight as well. Straightened front bumper back out, needed a tweak. As soon as water pump is fixed I will take some nice shots of finished product out in the sun. I'm super stoked, what a difference in the look.
And the million dollar air dam looks great!
Still gotta have one.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the million dollar air dam looks great!
Still gotta have one.
Thanks yeah it is almost the million dollar air dam as much as it's been repaired but I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a sedan, I really think it "lightens" the look of the car vs. a "heavier looking" CSL air dam or some of the other designs. The 'heavier looking designs" as i call them, work just fine on a coupe, and I still like them on a Bavaria vs. no air dam, but I'm impartial to the Alpina one. I like what Paul Cain did with his old 3.8L coupe that recently sold (from an e24 I believe), that was a ton of work but would probably look good on a Bav if the measurements would work. Not sure if Zender ever made one for a Bavaria, maybe someone can share a pic if they did.

But, I think Alpina nailed it. Also, with the black rubber separating it from the body for dampening reasons (I believe), it makes the car look like it's smiling! Check with Erik at Coupe King and see if he still has the mold. His late brother was the one making those back in the day (it has his brothers signature 9-ball sticker in fiberglass on the back). You can also still make out the Alpina raised letters barely, but that is how good the mold was. Anyhow, if he doesn't have any, maybe you can talk him into making a run of them and I'll help market them on the board. I think there would be a lot of interest. Or at least enough to get through a small run. :)