Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Air dam update: 2500 miles in and it still looks new when the bugs are cleaned off. I'm able to use my favorite bug remover too, Windex.

Monterey Cleaning Athena.jpg

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up the second air dam from VSR Tuesday June, 19th 2018. Discovered Athena has a fuel leak when running, drips from the engine on the exhaust side. So I haven't been driving her, have an appointment at Autowerkes Maine in Freeport June 27th for an oil change and fuel system diagnosis.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up the second air dam from VSR Tuesday June, 19th 2018. Discovered Athena has a fuel leak when running, drips from the engine on the exhaust side. So I haven't been driving her, have an appointment at Autowerkes Maine in Freeport June 27th for an oil change and fuel system diagnosis.
Back up air dam? Painted and ready to go?
Fuel dripping on a hot manifold = :eek:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back up air dam? Painted and ready to go?
Fuel dripping on a hot manifold = :eek:

Yes, back up air dam, drilled, scribed for the bumper, painted also has Expel clear shield film. Still have to paint the back side flat black.
Fuel leak has kept the car of the road for a week, noticed it when trading places with Vern on the lift and taking the M5 in for service.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Noticed another engine bay fuel leak the other day. Head back to Autowerkes Maine for diagnosis & repair August 13th.

Also commissioned Brian Dooley at vuvroom.com to do an illustration of Athena. He does great work, did a great drawing of Vern.

Dooley Illust pic.jpg
Vern Illustration.png

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arrived at Autowerkes Maine this morning and Voit Ritch came out as I parked. He noticed the pressurized rubber lines to the fuel rails are leaking and wet. Will need to remove the 3 & 4 intake plenums to make the repair.

Brian Dooley at vuvroom.com finished Athena's illustration.

Athena Vuvroon illustration.png

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is a beautiful illustration, Andrew! It is giving me a boost of inspiration. And very glad to learn that the fuel leak is being addressed. Of all leaks, fuel is the least desirable. ;)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very nicely done Andrew. you should also post the rendering of Vern. are they hand drawn or digital? i have seen amazing work both ways and some a combination. what size is the original?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gorgeous! Curious how much to do that?

Scott, best to send Brian Dooley an e-mail at [email protected],ask for a digital illustration and a 16x20 framable print. Send him a passenger side profile picture of your car, send funds via paypal and should see the first draft in 2-3 weeks. He got Athena right on the first draft.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update from Autowerkes Maine. Had to remove the intake system to repair pressurized weeping at injector 4. Had to re-seal and replace the crimp clamp. and solder a new connection on injector 1.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Surprised and delighted Athena won 1st place of the display BMWs at Lime Rock Park's Sunday in the Park Meeting of the Marques Sunday September 2, 2018.

IMG_8382.jpg
1st Place LRP.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yeah buddy ... way to go Andrew. its such a beautiful coupe, why would (or should) you be surprised. in my mind, a well deserved win ... thanks for representing e9 coupe so well

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had the oil changed on this rainy October Tuesday at Autowerkes in Freeport, Maine. Also received an extensive "To Do & Check" list before any long trips. I have the list, these are the highlights. Time to bleed the brakes, currently at 2% moisture!, replace the power steering fluid, adjust valves, replace belts, check hoses, 123 distributor has oil in the cap!

Oil Change 10:2:18.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
  • When I put my 123 in I replaced this distributor shaft o-ring with a new one from BMW because the one that came on it didn't look like it was going to fit very well. This is likely your problem

Last edited: