Better with or without chrome wheel arch flares?

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aaaargh, who started this thread? Before I didn't even think about the chrome arches. They were on my car and that was all.
Now I'm thrown between no arches and arches and when I look at E9 pictures, the only thing I look at are arches. I dream arches! I can not decide. ;)

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've arches on my CS. Reckon they look great. Will keep them after my respray and body work slated for next year.

IMG_1409.JPG

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aaaargh, who started this thread? Before I didn't even think about the chrome arches. They were on my car and that was all.
Now I'm thrown between no arches and arches and when I look at E9 pictures, the only thing I look at are arches. I dream arches! I can not decide. ;)

I also dream about arches but they are from McDonald’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have to say i like the arches on polaris. the pic of the black stancework proves my point about bbs rs on a black car ... if you put the arches on it it would be way too much ...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Stance Works coupe must be in Germany, not only cause of the number plates, the trash containers in the background are definitely German type. The car is so cool that even the trash container background doesn’t hurt the cars look.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do you recall where you got the chrome grilles? They are as scarce as forum members without opinions... ;)
i got mine from BMW NA dealer a few years ago when they were still available. i bought a spare set of chrome hood grilles from W+N last fall ... and i think they still have those. the chrome on the W+N are the same as the ones from BMW ... because they are BMW parts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if anybody wants a set of aftermarket chrome wheel arches ... i have a brand new set, still in the bags. happy to sell them for a very reasonable (low) price.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow! The E9 sure holds her ground well, amidst established classics. I can see the E9’s great future and in another 10-20 years, she will be the one to recon with. Says my third eye!