Copart BMW finds...

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting that someone import touring HD in Texas.

Don't know how it is in US, but in EU still tourings are the cheapest source of E30 parts as each of them (even 316i) was having all discs brakes, front & rear stabilizer.
This one has had even headlight washer (as many UK market BMWs) but it looks only washer jets have stayed installed.

Could be uniqe touring will find it's fan locally as shipping costs makes no sense to bring it back.
Too bad I don't live in Austin anymore or I'd be seriously interested. It's always a bit weird driving a right-hand drive car here but we had a couple of British cars when I was growing up.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting that someone import touring HD in Texas.

Don't know how it is in US, but in EU still tourings are the cheapest source of E30 parts as each of them (even 316i) was having all discs brakes, front & rear stabilizer.
This one has had even headlight washer (as many UK market BMWs) but it looks only washer jets have stayed installed.

Could be uniqe touring will find it's fan locally as shipping costs makes no sense to bring it back.
Right. The attraction here is the combination of a wagon, RHD and a manual trans. Looks like it has a sport interior also. I'm not up on my E30 touring options. Are those also the BBS wheels they put on E30 M3's?

bavaria

Reaction score
Right. The attraction here is the combination of a wagon, RHD and a manual trans. Looks like it has a sport interior also. I'm not up on my E30 touring options. Are those also the BBS wheels they put on E30 M3's?
I’ll tell you what happened with that engine burn: a fuel line let go while it was running. I have seen this more than once on older injected bmws that didn’t have their rubber fuel lines replaced periodically.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
...The attraction here is the combination of a wagon, RHD and a manual trans ...
Interesting :)
Are those also the BBS wheels they put on E30 M3's?

Regarding BBS ... these look like 15" 4x100.
E30 M3 was equipped with 15" 5x120.
Hard to tell, but I would not expect E36/Z3 or E36 Compact hubs in this touring but you never know, right? ;-)

It is probably difficult to tell how many cars models have been accepted for mass production, being initially just a home project of factory worker as E30 Touring was...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what happened with that engine burn: a fuel line let go while it was running. I have seen this more than once on older injected bmws that didn’t have their rubber fuel lines replaced periodically.
I was wondering that same thing since the fire looks like it was on the intake side.

Barry.b

Reaction score
It does look like it was a nice car alright.
The fire damage seems a bit odd from the photos. Both front wings / fenders were obviously engulfed by the fire , but the engine bay seems to be only smoke damage and maybe a bit scorched.
Then the back of the car also looks cooked and the interior looks perfect.
Sad to see it though , someone must be heartbroken, she was a beauty.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seems light it’s “survived“ a house/garage fire. Interior looks good.
it’s in the registry but barely.
wouldn’t be surprised if it has a 5 speed o_O

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Flames came up from under the wheel wells and it looks like it may have had a car cover on it or some kind of cover over it that spread the flames around the outside. Strange burns on the rear panels and maybe the remains of a cover on the trunk. Sad. Repairable though.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks quite reasonable. the exhaust mounts have broken, don't see any significant rear end damage ... and nothing shows the undercarriage damage. has reasonable wheels (looks like bbs rc090) and has recaro seats.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score

If I didn't already have a project car, I'd be thinking about whether it may be possible to rescue a flood car. I remember when Peter Coomaraswamy bought that moldy car, took it completely apart and sold it.

So, its probably a good thing that I already have a project car, since I don't know what a flood car might entail.