Copart BMW finds...

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agreed. The VIN, 4290151, checks out as a LHD 2002 turbo.
Looks like the water reached the gauges. :(
agree, the water was high. I would take the chance on the turbo, but not on a later model heavy with electronics. I doubt you could ever chase the gremlins away on that 850...

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
need to see a pic of the firewall stamped VIN. i think its real too. the only thing that looks phony but easy to fix is the MPH speedo
That is correct MPH speedo for UK-delivered Turbos.

The car has all the right stuff. Have never seen that vin plate before on a Turbo but I see nothing to make me doubt it. Lots of real cars out there missing the seats.

I think it’s probably worth taking on but who knows how long it will sit there before anything actually happens. I remember the Harvey cars that showed up and then their sales didn’t happen for months.

Redrumm3

Reaction score
I went to the Copart Punta Gorda South site today to try and preview some of the lots including the 2002 Turbo. Unfortunately, I could not get in, they are not allowing previews of the inventory at this time and probably will not for at least the next 30 days. Too much volume and traffic at the location is the reason.

Cars are still coming into the the lot by the hundreds daily.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went to the Copart Punta Gorda South site today to try and preview some of the lots including the 2002 Turbo. Unfortunately, I could not get in, they are not allowing previews of the inventory at this time and probably will not for at least the next 30 days. Too much volume and traffic at the location is the reason.

Cars are still coming into the the lot by the hundreds daily.
These cars have auction dates, some selling today and this week. It's really good to see them sell quickly so they can be cleaned up, plus Copart needs the space so I'm sure they're pushing the insurance companies. If you're in that area it may be worth while to follow that yard's auctions for a while. The insurance companies will be motivated to move inventory and I'm pretty certain that some of the those vehicle will "fall through" the cracks and be good deals. It's a volume thing and maybe not enough buyers to catch them all.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
seems to me, if you wanted to go racing ... one of the porsche sports cars or a recent model BMW would be a great place to start - don't have to worry about the title ... you are going to rebuild all of the systems anyway / remove the fat (interior / insulation, etc).

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wasn't that model popular in US for mothers taking kids to school or kindergarten before SUV era?
Or rather in use by dentists (expecting SAAB)? :)
I had two later Volvo wagons, both 940 from 1993. I thought they were great. Solid and reliable with flexible space inside and seats that were perfect for me. I only sold them when I moved to and then back from Hawaii. Don't see them on the road much at all now.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, we put a scrap bid on that Volvo and ended up with it. We'll be all in at just under $700 delivered. I'm curious about the wheels...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I am envious of your shop/garage! ;)
It does make a lot of things easier. First, I was able to move all my crap from home to the shop and the storage garages there. What a relief. It's also nice to stop working on something, put the tools down and leave. Stuff you don't think about until you have it.