Copart BMW finds...

Barry.b

Reaction score
Around here that M5 would get repaired.
I honestly thought long and hard about buying it myself.
I would need a divorce lawyer if I did though. I already have too many cars.
I did price shipping it and I did check currency rates ( I am in Ireland and it is in the UK ) and I researched and found another black bmw e39 been broken for spares with a good bonnet and front wings etc.
With not too much effort that M5 could easily be put back on the road.
Even if one was to put it away. It surely would only go up in value.
Anyway thankfully the sale was withdrawn earlier, I don’t know why .
Perhaps an employee of Copart bought it themselves or something.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps an employee of Copart bought it themselves or something.
That doesn't happen. The seller can stop the listing or Copart if there's an issue. It may get relisted after they fix something with the auction.

Barry.b

Reaction score
That doesn't happen. The seller can stop the listing or Copart if there's an issue. It may get relisted after they fix something with the auction.
Okay, I will have to try and NOT buy it again so if it is relisted some time. :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The resource I use says "Pending sale $40k" but the other info says Unknown Sales Info. Sorry, no help.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am sure it will buff right out:cool:. good source for transmission bits though!
That was a hot fire but I bet the long block is still good and maybe more. The trans, interior. Is that a Euro? Rear bumper and more. If it sells for scrap value it would be a good parts car.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so Dan, any idea of what the story is with the M6? a bit puzzled by the CA cert of title or salvage ACQ - what does that mean?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
so Dan, any idea of what the story is with the M6? a bit puzzled by the CA cert of title or salvage ACQ - what does that mean?
Dealer to dealer its a clean title. If you're not a dealer or don't use a broker it gets acquisitioned, which creates a salvage title. Not sure it matters out of state.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Dan for the info. looks like a decent car that just needs a little bit of work. at the going price it has a significant upside

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a third party probably looking for the export market. Don't get your hopes up.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting that someone import touring HD in Texas.

Don't know how it is in US, but in EU still tourings are the cheapest source of E30 parts as each of them (even 316i) was having all discs brakes, front & rear stabilizer.
This one has had even headlight washer (as many UK market BMWs) but it looks only washer jets have stayed installed.

Could be uniqe touring will find it's fan locally as shipping costs makes no sense to bring it back.