CSL Barn Find 2285251

Jon B

Reaction score
The car looks amazing, Wes.
Are you going to re-install the two front aero fins? Were they supposed to be on the fenders, and not on the bonnet?

Reactions: Wes

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The car looks amazing, Wes.
Are you going to re-install the two front aero fins? Were they supposed to be on the fenders, and not on the bonnet?

The wind splits are sitting on the back seat!
They will go back on (in the right spot) after the mechanics are finished in the engine bay.

stcos85

Reaction score
You have done a fantastic job there. Come a long way after just beating me to purchasing this. My CSL is still having the panel work done so a long way off. Great to see another one almost back on the road

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Awesome job in record time. I believe they look best trimmed in stock wheels. Plus one on the “Unbeatable BMW” window sticker. :)

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it may be a little high. I'm going to leave it for now as I'm told it may settle down a bit. It's yet to have the tie rod ends and alignment done.

Overall the car looks amazing Wes. White with the Motorsport stripes is such an iconic CSL spec.

I think the stance looks okay, and as you stay will probably settle a bit. Do you mind if I ask what springs you went with?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
What an amazing job, Wes! I am sure you are proud of the result. Can you reveal the commission arrangement you have made with your BMW Dealer. I mean, for each M3 and M4 they sell with your prized CSL in the showroom should entitle you to some percentage, right! ;)

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Overall the car looks amazing Wes. White with the Motorsport stripes is such an iconic CSL spec.

I think the stance looks okay, and as you stay will probably settle a bit. Do you mind if I ask what springs you went with?

Factory springs as far as I know mate. Will give it six months and re-asses.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Getting to the business end of things here now. Have almost finished renovating the house and have tenants moving in in two weeks.
For those of you with me from the start you will remember I also promised to replace the kitchen as a condition of buying the CSL.

So here it is - almost done - just in time to rent the joint out.
Image copy 4.jpeg

After around 4 weeks of failed attempts due to rain and no ending matter of other issues I decided to drive the CSL to our new home (300km). I had done a few short trips around Southern Tas first and other than one issue where it had to be towed was pretty happy with the car.
It has been parked at my in-laws for the past month or so and it seems nobody in Tas has a car cover in stock at the moment.
Lola and I took matters into our own hands:

Image.jpeg

The Weather App promised us a 50% chance of 1-2mm of rain later in the day - which is pretty good for Tas, so we hit the road.
50km out of nowhere down comes the rain for around 20min, drenching the car and then 50km later it was gone and back to blue skies.
Breaking for lunch at the halfway mark, no car issues and it looked like no more rain.
Then from nowhere - HAIL - Panic.. In scenes reminiscent of when Henry hid in the tunnel on Thomas the Tank engine because it was raining I raced out of the cafe and drove the car to the service station and waited it out. No harm done other than more grey hair as it was very light hail and gone in 5min.

I decided that was that so drove the last 150k with no stops and straight to my house.
Car is pretty dirty but home and in good company. Will take better pics later as stuffed and hungry as left lunch on the table at the cafe!

Image copy 2.jpeg

Image copy 3.jpeg