CSL For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
2275xxx said:
I never noticed there are two types of noses.
Can you explain the differences ? Thanks

Easiest way to spot is the size of the grill and how its mounted, the early cars the grill has thinner outer kidney edges and the bottom of the grill is close to flush with the nose panel. The later cars the kidney edges are thicker, mount into the nose different, and protrude more at the bottom, they're in general "heavier looking"

I do not know if any 2275 cars were built with the later style noses or not, I know all the 4x CSLs were, as well as many CSi's and all the big-bumpered US cars. Cannot recall if I ever saw a 73 US Market car with the big grills though, E9 OR E3. I mention E3 because the noses are very similar with the lower valances the same part number year to year.

early:

e9-5.jpg

late:

20090222_IMG_0167.jpg

b.t.w. the ano finish/clear coat on the trim on that nose foto looks horrible. 80k?...For what, a "good starter car" for a resto?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
2275xxx said:
I never noticed there are two types of noses.
Can you explain the differences ? Thanks

Easiest way to spot is the size of the grill and how its mounted, the early cars the grill has thinner outer kidney edges and the bottom of the grill is close to flush with the nose panel. The later cars the kidney edges are thicker, mount into the nose different, and protrude more at the bottom, they're in general "heavier looking"

I do not know if any 2275 cars were built with the later style noses or not, I know all the 4x CSLs were, as well as many CSi's and all the big-bumpered US cars. Cannot recall if I ever saw a 73 US Market car with the big grills though, E9 OR E3. I mention E3 because the noses are very similar with the lower valances the same part number year to year.

early:

e9-5.jpg

late:

20090222_IMG_0167.jpg

b.t.w. the ano finish/clear coat on the trim on that nose foto looks horrible. 80k?...For what, a "good starter car" for a resto?

9Werks

Reaction score
dp said:
Metal overflow tank, and later-style nose? the other bits mentioned are all add-ons or removals...what I would look for are seam welds in the front bulkhead engine compartment panel (firewall edit on either side of the VIN stamping), and especially what might have happened to the rest of the car if/when the nose needed to be replaced.

I did get the car in over the weekend and will be examining it front to back and top to bottom along with research on if it's a city pac car, or not, and will share what I find out. I do not want to misrepresent anything. The car has been hit on the passenge side, that much I can tell by just walking around it. The floors look to be original/no rust and the chassis/drivetrain is numbers matching has always been Fjord blue, FWIW. I don't believe any VIN swaping has occured, but the newer front nose section may be factual. Everything that I put in the first post was from notes of the owner shared with me before I received the car and am planning on retracting what proves to be incorrect.

9Werks

Reaction score
dp said:
Metal overflow tank, and later-style nose? the other bits mentioned are all add-ons or removals...what I would look for are seam welds in the front bulkhead engine compartment panel (firewall edit on either side of the VIN stamping), and especially what might have happened to the rest of the car if/when the nose needed to be replaced.

I did get the car in over the weekend and will be examining it front to back and top to bottom along with research on if it's a city pac car, or not, and will share what I find out. I do not want to misrepresent anything. The car has been hit on the passenge side, that much I can tell by just walking around it. The floors look to be original/no rust and the chassis/drivetrain is numbers matching has always been Fjord blue, FWIW. I don't believe any VIN swaping has occured, but the newer front nose section may be factual. Everything that I put in the first post was from notes of the owner shared with me before I received the car and am planning on retracting what proves to be incorrect.

chicane

Reaction score
9Werks said:

I think we all would appreciate that. I would also like to know what is up with those bumpers as they do not appear to be lightweight bumpers as well as the rear windscreen which appears to be glass. Thanks.

chicane

Reaction score
9Werks said:

I think we all would appreciate that. I would also like to know what is up with those bumpers as they do not appear to be lightweight bumpers as well as the rear windscreen which appears to be glass. Thanks.

chicane

Reaction score
dp said:

Be careful dp you are turning into the NEW chicane. :D

If I had said these things the gang would have ripped into me like a bag of Doritos. Although you are spot on, no way is this an $87K car.

chicane

Reaction score
dp said:

If I had said these things the gang would have ripped into me like a bag of Doritos. Although you are spot on, no way is this an $87K car.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
dp said:

Nah. The difference is, Dale's been around so long that no one pays attention to him anymore. :wink:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
dp said:

Nah. The difference is, Dale's been around so long that no one pays attention to him anymore. :wink:

chicane

Reaction score
dang said:

Sometimes, I wish I could get the same treatment.... :D

chicane

Reaction score
dang said:

Sometimes, I wish I could get the same treatment.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.