E9 registry site now live!!!

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been suggested....

How about a way to sort the registry by "date added", so we can hit the site every few days and only see the newest entries?

jhjacobs

Reaction score

How about a way to sort the registry by "date added", so we can hit the site every few days and only see the newest entries?

Long thread, lots of information. We should be able to do something like this because we have the data to work from.

jhjacobs

Reaction score

Done. You can now sort the list by entry date. Check it out!

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Wow! Is there anything you can't do? Outstanding.

We working on a download application to remove and prevent coupe rust. We may not be successful on this one. :confused:

We are fortunate to have Mr. Chao helping us with code development. All I do is compile request lists and more often than not Tom just responds a few hours later asking me to review the changes. It is truly amazing. Personally, while reasonably computer literate, I know very little about web applications. At least I am able to keep everything backed up and hopefully running smoothly. Our goal is to wind up with the best car registry tool on the web -- perhaps Tom will be able to make mega-bucks by selling it to the Alfa community or some other equally naive enthusiast group... wait, I didn't say that... maybe he can sell the anti-rust application to them... do Alfas rust too? :twisted:

chicane

Reaction score
Track car flag

Could you guys consider adding a flag that designated the coupe as a track car?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Check the seen section where many scrapped car VINs are documented.
If you see a car in a scrap yard, write down the vin and send it to me. I will register it's soul.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Could you guys consider adding a flag that designated the coupe as a track car?

Sorry for being away for a while... business has been, well, a bit hairy.

This is a very good idea and I see no reason that we can't make a flag or include a new status category for "Track.". We did add an "Alpina" flag but I think a new status field would be easiest and the most meaningful. I'll post a note once we do this (probably this weekend).

chicane

Reaction score
Sorry for being away for a while... business has been, well, a bit hairy.

This is a very good idea and I see no reason that we can't make a flag or include a new status category for "Track.". We did add an "Alpina" flag but I think a new status field would be easiest and the most meaningful. I'll post a note once we do this (probably this weekend).

Thanks. I think people can designate in the history whether this is an original FIA racer or a resto-racer. The truth is a lot of these coupes are surviving specifically as track cars so I think it is a worth while flag. Also it would help us keep track of the original FIA cars.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Thanks. I think people can designate in the history whether this is an original FIA racer or a resto-racer. The truth is a lot of these coupes are surviving specifically as track cars so I think it is a worth while flag. Also it would help us keep track of the original FIA cars.

Done. This is now a "status" option.

chicane

Reaction score
Search screen suggestion

The search screen really needs to be setup much like the data entry screen where all of the available variables, such as status are search-able. Just having a search textbox is very limiting.