Euro 72 CS on BaT

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s time for optimisim.

There are so many helpful members here. Last August at Legends after a car from our shop was awarded 1st place for coupes- Terry Conners, Chris Macha, Mike Burger dropped by and graciously gave us input on what still could be done to improve the car. No criticism- just helpful information on what we missed. That can happen for Albert.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Man y’all don’t miss nothing. Usually I can’t stand negative peanut gallery comments either but good lord it’s almost like this dude assembled the car!!

Attachments

• F22AFBC7-1E72-45E2-AB41-31E269588F01.jpeg
    F22AFBC7-1E72-45E2-AB41-31E269588F01.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 51

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Man y’all don’t miss nothing. Usually I can’t stand negative peanut gallery comments either but good lord it’s almost like this dude assembled the car!!
Ha ha, nice...is that from a movie? I've seen that before but can't place it. Looks like Steve Buscemi with bad hangover after flying into a barn door.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
RNM at $52,500. Hopefully bidders dodged a bullet and the seller can spend the time making the car better or one of the shills could buy it. Still has two more auctions to go (seems to have a penchant for 1972) and not all seems calm in tii land.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think it is a good thing all around that this car did not sell. It is not finished, some of the work is of very poor quality, and there are a number of unfinished things that should be addressed properly before it is again offered for sale. I believe that a fight would have arisen between buyer and seller if this car had sold, even with all of the things that were pointed out in the auction thread. And I’m surprised, after the seller advertised the car as restored and we pointed out a bunch of problems that BAT didn’t step in.

Alas, the fact that the BAT let that auction go forward, combined with the fact that the seller’s 2002 sold with a similar level of workmanship, may well be understood by the seller as invalidating our suggestions that they need to up their game.

And another thing. With both auctions, I am stunned at the number of “oh this car is so pretty” and “nice color and all the right mods” comments. At one point, someone in the 2002 auction responded, after a handful of specific criticisms of the car were made, by saying “The car is awesome and will be a great buy.” Content free emotional comments like this merely serve to encourage uninformed buyers to get into a bad situation. And with the 2002, someone did.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Ohmess there was a 3.0cs on BaT a few years ago that was in Canada. The seller submitted the vehicle with VIN and title matching. It turns out the VIN matched the engine and not the VIN stamped on the chassis by BMW. So essentially the seller had a title for the engine. I pointed out the issue with this and how the buyer could and would most likely have a huge issue when the car reached the Canadian/US boarder. Customs inspection would reveal the vin on the title did not match the vin on the vehicle.

It was surprising how people tried discounting my very valid point and how Bat ignored the issue for so long. They eventually pulled the auction.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I remember that. You were very clear about the problem, as were several other upstanding e9 citizens. The seller tried to obscure the problem, and the BAT groupies were encouraging everyone to buy the seller's schtick.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember that. You were very clear about the problem, as were several other upstanding e9 citizens. The seller tried to obscure the problem, and the BAT groupies were encouraging everyone to buy the seller's schtick.
Exactly, and they were saying that the VIN on the engine matched the title and that was all that was needed. They didn't care that the engine could be removed and put in to another car. It really showed a lot if stupidity in part of the arm chair experts.