Euro 72 CS on BaT

BimRLuvR

Reaction score
The seller now has a 1972 2002tii on Bat....

Will be interesting to see how that car is. I have not looked at it at all - I will do so later, but wanted you all to know it is there.
Have fun
Thanks for the heads up. I had an Inka 72 Tii exactly like this one. What an awesome car! The girls loved it! It got stolen. UGH! Looked carefully at this Bat listing and it looks pretty good. Much better than the CS IMHO. I still see the odd floor work like the CS, but overall I think this seller understands 2002s much better than E9s.

Last edited:

HMRoth

Reaction score
If there is one thing I refrain from doing on BaT is saying anything negative. With this coupe someone is going to get a nasty surprise when they buy it and I had to point out two things as my friend Mr Kohler already called the seller out on the Getrag 260 and no speedo drive. I hate seeing someone taken advantage of and usually keep my mouth shut.

Check out the front floor pans, driver door fit where it sags at the rear, generic trunk seal, and many more things. And he is restoring five other coupes?
As a guy without the knowledge base of members here, I appreciate an honest assessment. The comments I read were neither positive nor negative but candid. Candor helps the potential buyer and seller.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this normal geometry for shock versus spring? Is this just a camera perspective thing, or are these two enjoying some physical contact?

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.59.44 PM.png

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I had an Inka 72 Tii exactly like this one. What an awesome car! The girls loved it! It got stolen. UGH! Looked carefully at this Bat listing and it looks pretty good. Much better than the CS IMHO. I still see the odd floor work like the CS, but overall I think this seller understands 2002s much better than E9s.
I don't think any one understands E9 except Chris and couple more long timer, I got stuck on mine, it is very hard to work on E9 it is completely deferent than any other car I am looking to fined help for my car, my mechanic install engine and 5 speed for me and don't want to get involve to other thing, he said it is not his job to do and it takes for ever to put this car together, I almost complete it but I can not put together center consul and wiring that is bunch of wire there and all the rubber on door and rear windows, I have all the rubber but what goes where and how.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't think any one understands E9 except Chris and couple more long timer
Albert, I think more people on this forum understand e9s more than you think. The things that people are pointing out on the coupe are not nit picky little details. They are basic automotive details, potential safety issues, and major chassis discrepancies. I'd argue it is not an e9 anymore save for the VIN. When you go to auction on a public site, these facts are going to get pointed out. I doubt you had any nefarious intentions here, but I believe that this car should be labeled "rolling project" at best. I understand these comments sting, but you have to feel some culpability, no? If nothing else, this group is supportive and informative. You've been on here for a while. Had you brought these things up on here you would have received fantastic advice before going to auction. GLWA.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't think any one understands E9 except Chris and couple more long timer, I got stuck on mine, it is very hard to work on E9 it is completely deferent than any other car I am looking to fined help for my car, my mechanic install engine and 5 speed for me and don't want to get involve to other thing, he said it is not his job to do and it takes for ever to put this car together, I almost complete it but I can not put together center consul and wiring that is bunch of wire there and all the rubber on door and rear windows, I have all the rubber but what goes where and how.
Alberto- I’m returning to California tonight and will be heading to SoCal in the next few weeks- happy to drop by for a session to make up a worksheet for you. If you have actual work to be done by a coupe expert- i have two techs that do remote work.
Best Regards
Don

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Candia - When you began buying large quantities of parts and posted here you were going to restore several coupes at one time, we advised you that what you were attempting to do was extremely difficult and we pointed to the fact that there are only an handful of shops in the US that are successful at doing what you were attempting to do. You replied that you had skills that would allow you to be successful.

Now you admit that you got "stuck", and that your mechanic could not, or would not, help you out of a tough spot. And although you seem to think that your car is almost complete, you have also admitted - by saying that there are wiring and console and rubber seal issues that have not been resolved - that this car is not done and that you don't know how to finish it. In short, what we said would happen has happened.

At this point, the most important thing for you is to realize that whatever you have invested in this car will not return to you what you were expecting. You are unlikely to make a killing off of this auction. Indeed, by representing this car as restored, you are more likley to have a long and bitter disupte with whoever buys this car.

Correcting the problems that exist on this car will be expensive and time consuming. And its not just me saying this; see Christopher Kohler's comment on BAT that the little details that are required to properly finish a restoration are 90% of the work. We can quibble over the percentage, but it is pretty clear that you are not halfway finished yet.

I strongly suggest that you take Don up on his offer of help.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alberto- I’m returning to California tonight and will be heading to SoCal in the next few weeks- happy to drop by for a session to make up a worksheet for you. If you have actual work to be done by a coupe expert- i have two techs that do remote work.
Best Regards
Don
Hi Don, thank you so much, you haven't forgotten me, I was embarrass to ask help from you, I know you are very busy man, I will take any help I can get.
Best regards
Albert

Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Albert, I think more people on this forum understand e9s more than you think. The things that people are pointing out on the coupe are not nit picky little details. They are basic automotive details, potential safety issues, and major chassis discrepancies. I'd argue it is not an e9 anymore save for the VIN. When you go to auction on a public site, these facts are going to get pointed out. I doubt you had any nefarious intentions here, but I believe that this car should be labeled "rolling project" at best. I understand these comments sting, but you have to feel some culpability, no? If nothing else, this group is supportive and informative. You've been on here for a while. Had you brought these things up on here you would have received fantastic advice before going to auction. GLWA.
Hello Chris, you are right I learn a lot from this forum, about 2 years ago I didn't know any thing about E9 but now I learn a lot and I am learning, it is little to late for me since I am not a young any more but I am trying. if no one point the problems how can we learn and I am thankful that skill member sharing there knowledge, that's why I am reading all comments from skill members on my free time to learn about this car, and I didn't meant that members don't know I meant it is hard for every one to know every thing about this car, person like me I am in construction business, at this age how can I learn everything about this car but it came like a hobby for me to work and enjoy on this car.
thanks' for your time.
Best regards
Albert

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
The floor is probably more difficult to correct than some of the others but also hard to say what else needs attention you can’t see. Obviously buyer needs to go in eyes wide open on that.

The tii is doing really well in the bidding but Inka and E21 recaros hide a lot of issues. The deeper you look on that car more things need to be fixed.

I couldn’t imagine running two auctions simultaneously on BaT.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The floor is probably more difficult to correct than some of the others but also hard to say what else needs attention you can’t see. Obviously buyer needs to go in eyes wide open on that.

The tii is doing really well in the bidding but Inka and E21 recaros hide a lot of issues. The deeper you look on that car more things need to be fixed.

I was thinking the same thing, I almost fell over backwards in my chair when I saw that Inka tii pop up with Albert as seller. Slow the roll in the future... one thing at a time.

The coupe obviously should have waited to go up for auction to be listed as "restored" and the work done properly before listing. Albert, for Don offer to go over all his recommendations to restore this coupe properly is "GOLD" and I personally think you would be crazy not to take him up on that offer. In the meantime, pull the auction (no shame in that), take all his advice, get a mechanic that can handle the "list" of recommendations and go back to work.

Hindsight is 20/20 and it takes a real man/women to realize his/her limitations, take the constructive criticism and fix the car properly. Or re-list BaT heading as a "project," but being that there seems to be a lot of safety issues, me personally, I couldn't sell the coupe in the condition it is in, even as a project. Better to fix all the safety issues, then work on as many of the details to properly finish this car with the help of experts on this board and in person consultation. Then re-list the coupe.

I think everyone can agree it has potential, everyone means well, and wants to see Albert have success in the auction with a buyer that will feel comfortable and safe with the final purchase. There are always little things the new buyer can fix, as we know, it is never ending, but please get the safety issues taken care of before it is too late.

I was almost recently killed, or could have been injured in a major way by a previous owner cutting corners on a vehicle I purchased, the steering tie-rod came out just driving the vehicle, almost went head-on into a CAT grader plow in a major snow storm. The previous owner chinsed on a $600 portion of the steering kit/tie rod/stabilizer bar; castle nut wasn't long enough to insert proper cotter pin and the bolt came off (no cotter pin and regular nut, not a castle nut). Complete loss of steering. One of the scariest things to even happen while driving. You don't want something on your conscious like that if someone were to get injured due to shoddy work, cutting corners, or improperly installing material/parts that can affect ones safety.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing, I almost fell over backwards in my chair when I saw that Inka tii pop up with Albert as seller. Slow the roll in the future... one thing at a time.

The coupe obviously should have waited to go up for auction to be listed as "restored" and the work done properly before listing. Albert, for Don offer to go over all his recommendations to restore this coupe properly is "GOLD" and I personally think you would be crazy not to take him up on that offer. In the meantime, pull the auction (no shame in that), take all his advice, get a mechanic that can handle the "list" of recommendations and go back to work.

Hindsight is 20/20 and it takes a real man/women to realize his/her limitations, take the constructive criticism and fix the car properly. Or re-list BaT heading as a "project," but being that there seems to be a lot of safety issues, me personally, I couldn't sell the coupe in the condition it is in, even as a project. Better to fix all the safety issues, then work on as many of the details to properly finish this car with the help of experts on this board and in person consultation. Then re-list the coupe.

I think everyone can agree it has potential, everyone means well, and wants to see Albert have success in the auction with a buyer that will feel comfortable and safe with the final purchase. There are always little things the new buyer can fix, as we know, it is never ending, but please get the safety issues taken care of before it is too late.

I was almost recently killed, or could have been injured in a major way by a previous owner cutting corners on a vehicle I purchased, the steering tie-rod came out just driving the vehicle, almost went head-on into a CAT grader plow in a major snow storm. The previous owner chinsed on a $600 portion of the steering kit/tie rod/stabilizer bar; castle nut wasn't long enough to insert proper cotter pin and the bolt came off (no cotter pin and regular nut, not a castle nut). Complete loss of steering. One of the scariest things to even happen while driving. You don't want something on your conscious like that if someone were to get injured due to shoddy work, cutting corners, or improperly installing material/parts that can affect ones safety.
defiantly I will take the offer from Don, it is very nice of him to offer, last time when he was at my home he offered a help but I am embarrassing to call and ask for help, I know that he is very busy man and I can not just ask him to spend his valuable time for me, and this E9 and tii on BAT it is not mine , I don't know why do you think it is mine, I can send you in private all of my cars pink sleep, I have Blue 2800cs, Inca 2800cs , Malaga tii and malaga 3.0csi that's all and I sold my 850 last mount I am keeping Blue E9 for me the reason I got all of this cars, at first I was looking for blue 3.0 for a long time instead I fined the malaga E9 after I buy the Malaga then I fined the Blue one but that needed complete restoration and then Inka E9, I buy the car as a blue but when I took it to painter and they start streeping it wasn't blue, the color was ugly green and I ask them streep completely and paint it Inka this is story of buying all of this cars and now I got stuck with this blue that I will keep it for me, and Inka to restore malaga is just the engine swap and 5 speed gear box and LSD def, and it was mistake to put the M3 E46 engine on the malaga it is scary fast it is one crazy car that is not for me and I have to sale it and when I complete the Inka I will decide to keep Inka or blue my body man adwise me to keep the Inka since that car never been in any accident but my blue one it was in accident and repaired before.
Best regards
Albert

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Albert, You posted a pic of the blue coupe with your other cars.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
defiantly I will take the offer from Don, it is very nice of him to offer, last time when he was at my home he offered a help but I am embarrassing to call and ask for help, I know that he is very busy man and I can not just ask him to spend his valuable time for me, and this E9 and tii on BAT it is not mine , I don't know why do you think it is mine, I can send you in private all of my cars pink sleep, I have Blue 2800cs, Inca 2800cs , Malaga tii and malaga 3.0csi that's all and I sold my 850 last mount I am keeping Blue E9 for me the reason I got all of this cars, at first I was looking for blue 3.0 for a long time instead I fined the malaga E9 after I buy the Malaga then I fined the Blue one but that needed complete restoration and then Inka E9, I buy the car as a blue but when I took it to painter and they start streeping it wasn't blue, the color was ugly green and I ask them streep completely and paint it Inka this is story of buying all of this cars and now I got stuck with this blue that I will keep it for me, and Inka to restore malaga is just the engine swap and 5 speed gear box and LSD def, and it was mistake to put the M3 E46 engine on the malaga it is scary fast it is one crazy car that is not for me and I have to sale it and when I complete the Inka I will decide to keep Inka or blue my body man adwise me to keep the Inka since that car never been in any accident but my blue one it was in accident and repaired before.
Best regards
Albert
Albert - I think what I suggested is getting lost in translation here a bit. No problem...what I suggested is just one mans opinion; mine.... I really have no idea what you were trying to say in the last thread. No need to extrapolate any further.

Best of luck in whatever decision you make..good luck and all I am saying is I hope you can fix any safety issues on the e9 before end of auction but I have no idea how you are going to be able to pull that off in the short time remaining. Sometimes downsizing and getting all the bits correct on a refurbishment or restoration can be overwhelming. But usually worth it in the end if done right.