Euro 72 CS on BaT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here’s my favorite photo. Low brake fluid and too many Ace hardware hose clamps. There’s a clamp on one line at brake master too.

0DB27029-3972-419D-B2E6-1DA9061642A0.jpeg

Last edited:

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just noticed there's no radiator fan, which makes the lack of windshield washer parts that I previously noticed seem fairly benign. That radiator looks much deeper than stock, but no fan? No pictures of an electric one behind the grille either.
There is a fan (see pic 144).
Minor positive point - amongst a WHOLE lot of other not so minor (negative) points....

And the pic with the low fluid is the perfect example of the absolute and total lack of 'whatever' the seller/restorer has going on with this car.
I started a list of things of interest that potential bidders should look into. I gave up on that - the list just got too long and I got too depressed....

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a hirschmann antenna base but I don’t see the antenna itself.

I asked about the chassis plate in my first comment and it was ignored by the seller as he only addressed two of my questions.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
c'mon guys - its a bright and shiny car? its old ... who am i kidding, this thing is a disaster. and best of all, a USA b34 - the most anemic engine possible. i really hope somebody doesn't pay too much for this thing ... probably safer to say that i hope nobody buys it.

we need a way to put predator 'restorers' out of business

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steering column was mentioned on BaT. Can the e12 guys confirm that this coupe has an e12 column?

Listing:
ADABD162-12D1-415A-AAA2-508E476CE1E9.jpeg

e12:
C8D3F393-7152-4528-B6E0-3A2AD946EC44.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos it’s a fine spline E30 or E28/24 column.

Better watch it with the BS nitpicking!

Whoa?

They must have drilled holes to mount it. The e9 column mounts spacing is more narrow. Here are the two non-telescopic e9 columns. Photo credit @Wladek.

B1A0BDFA-90AD-4861-9E92-894572D6D4C5.jpeg

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah it’s wild but you can see top and bottom trim is plastic and look at the hub on the steering wheel. That’s the hub for the external steering lock found in fine spline columns.

Guess the new owner won’t have to ask where to get dimple keys made.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks the column was exchanged to "nicer" one later as in the body shop it was still original.

Probably it was an invention to make it oxidation-free ... Hey! We need to take it as a good approach.

1675703236301.png

Cost reduction... one screw to keep the plastic fender grille? Enough is enemy of the required. ;-)
1675703323681.png

The great advantage are huuuuuge chromed nozzles
1675703429364.png

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a hirschmann antenna base but I don’t see the antenna itself.

I asked about the chassis plate in my first comment and it was ignored by the seller as he only addressed two of my questions.
Ah. Was hoping that someone would tell me it’s where you attach mini rocket launchers…

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
The throttle cable is a work of art. I still can't get over that ICV, it's like he wanted to make it harder, and stretch the wiring to boot.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hope you don’t need a tow from the rear after your lack of brake fluid sent you into a ditch. These discs might not have helped you much.
71892FA4-69CA-459A-BABF-987E559ACB74.jpeg
907719BC-73B9-440C-9659-7F77B9DC01E6.jpeg

Propellerhead_tom

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take for really shoddy coupes to show up on BAT and this is definitely one of them. This always happens when the value tide rises for a given model and the con artists and shady characters come out of hiding and try to steal money from unsuspecting buyers hoping to get a bargain. We all know by now there are no bargains in these rusty toys we play with, only misery and expense attached to bargain shopping. The good thing about the BAT format is that charlatans get found out and the crème always rises to the top. Hopefully buyers are paying attention on this one.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take for really shoddy coupes to show up on BAT and this is definitely one of them. This always happens when the value tide rises for a given model and the con artists and shady characters come out of hiding and try to steal money from unsuspecting buyers hoping to get a bargain. We all know by now there are no bargains in these rusty toys we play with, only misery and expense attached to bargain shopping. The good thing about the BAT format is that charlatans get found out and the crème always rises to the top. Hopefully buyers are paying attention on this one.
More importantly, folks here comment on coupes for sale whenever we come across them. I found my car when folks here started talking about a Craigslist ad in Austin, TX.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The seller now has a 1972 2002tii on Bat....

Will be interesting to see how that car is. I have not looked at it at all - I will do so later, but wanted you all to know it is there.
Have fun

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seller says the exposed fuel lines are steel with a protective plastic wrap. Given the lines are attached to the exposed undercarriage, inches from the concrete, they need much more protection than plastic wrap.

Kind of like having your carotid artery taped to the skin on your neck with Scotch Tape. One break and that electric fuel pump will just keep pumping! Question, will the car bleed out before it explodes?

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller now has a 1972 2002tii on Bat....

Will be interesting to see how that car is. I have not looked at it at all - I will do so later, but wanted you all to know it is there.
Have fun
Oh no there’s a turbo in the background.