Gary's Avus Blau 3.0CS rebuild

Discussion in 'E9 Projects and Restorations' started by m5bb, Jan 28, 2019.

1. adawil2002

adawil2002 Well-Known Member Site Donor $$

View My Showcase
    Had my Lokari fender liners painted black with rubberized undercoating.

m5bb likes this.
  2. Peter Coomaraswamy

Peter Coomaraswamy Well-Known Member Site Donor $

View My Showcase
    Gary- I HATE your garage!!

JayWltrs and Markos like this.
  3. m5bb

m5bb Well-Known Member Site Donor $

View My Showcase
    Still working......
    Spent a few days getting high pressure hoses made for my Hydratech booster system. Found a hose shop that was patient enough to make up the hoses, let me take home and mark them for alignment and then take back to be crimped. Working on all the water and heater hoses with a much better installation than I had before.
    Got the keyless entry installed and tested. Mounted control unit in drivers door. Plenty of room there but not under the dash and didn't have to run but 2 wires to the passenger door.
    Had good weather today so I could open the door and do the FLOCKING of the glove box and kick panels. I sprayed the adhesive on with my spray gun. Much, much easier than a brush. Went pretty well as I had never done this before. Love learning new stuff.
    One photo shows little antenna for keyless entry in drivers door. Another photo is waterproof connector for wire to window motors. You can see the wire in the door in these great covers the race teams use. It opens up and you put the wire in and it has a memory and closes back up. It actually makes about a 420 degree circle as it has great overlap so the wires don't come out. It's actually kind of tedious to get the wires in. Comes in many sizes. Actually going to use on my main harness wire in the engine compartment. I have already wrapped it with the correct tape but like the looks of this so much better.
    Tomorrows another day at the Beck garage and one day closer to completion. YEA!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. m5bb

View My Showcase
    More pretty.
    All the wiring and connection of power steering hoses. Brake master tomorrow.
    The wiring stuff is really nice. Notice the cover over the post on the starter motor which is hot (12volts) all the time. Don't want to get a wrench up against this and the body. Lots of sparks. Extra heavy duty ground from engine to body.

Attached Files:

5. Markos

Markos NULL Staff Member Site Donor $$

View My Showcase
    Nice! I wish I thought of these covers when I made my battery cables.

6. Ohmess

Ohmess I wanna DRIVE! Site Donor

Hey Gary - I think you need some curvy air horns:

2018-08-10 18.17.15.jpg

7. m5bb

View My Showcase
    Hey Chris, yes a lot of work but I put up with it early on when I rebuilt the engine but knew I was going to rebuild the car and get rid of the brake booster all together. Still a lot of work but on the way back together now and hopefully have some pretty powerful brakes to stop the 300 HP. Ha!

Ohmess likes this.
  8. m5bb

View My Showcase
    I need a curvy girl friend. HA!!!!

9. m5bb

View My Showcase
    Here's some of my trunk. Ditched the boring gray for the nice tan to match my interior.
    Battery in trunk now and an additional fuse box for the E28 upgraded window motors, my amp and the electric fuel pump controller with extra fuse room for the future if I need a search light or something? #2 battery cable all the way to the starter motor with battery jumper cable ability in engine compartment. Just in case. Reaching in the trunk with jumper cables is not fun.
    You can see the texture of the Lizard skin noise and heat abatement material on the wheels wells. Probably won't cover those. Treated the complete trunk area with the Lizard Skin.

Attached Files: