Grill Badge - E9Coupe.com

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Der Erste M and not Die Erste M
:oops:
I did actually spend time trying to figure this out. BYW, the first suggestion was Das, I changed it to Die only to find out it shoudl be Der. Boy am I embarrased! On top of all that, it is arguably not true either! As my highschool girl friend used to say - "I think I'll just go eat some worms."

Orangener

Reaction score
@jj........

Dont worry, german is difficult in this case, there are words, where i dont know what article i use. Der Joghurt, das Joghurt for example.........

And, you see, nobody is perfect :lol:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I don't worry. I learned my German in Vienna, Austria, when I was 9-13 years old.

I have tried to learn many different languages but my goal is generally to know enough to order a beer and get slapped in a bar. :lol:

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure I understand why there has to be a hyphen between the E and 9. Graphically, its better without...

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Hope orders from abroad are acceptable?
We'll make it happen. Once I know the weight and "shipping configuration" I'll be able to work up shipping prices.

It's a shame we aren't farther along because I'll be in London all of next week and I could have posted from there. Perhaps one of you UK coupe folks can track me down and we can have a pint - I'll be at:
EXCEL EAST HOTEL (Mon-Thu evenings)
ROYAL VICTORIA DOCK, LONDON
(I have a working phone in the UK - PM me if interested in a pint)

Orangener

Reaction score
Nobody can learn German in Vienna.
Cause we Austrians speek Österreichisch, and in Vienna Wienerisch. :lol:
And a German has big problems to understand an Austrian.
Its like a guy from Manchester talks to someone from Dallas........

jhjacobs

Reaction score
OK - Costs are in and I have some initial data to share (this could change a bit):
f2eb6d2422d5dc9454053f8eaab7bc0b.jpg

Basically when ordered at 60 pieces, the total cost is $20.72 per badge delivered with mounting kits to my house in bulk. With domestic US shipping we are at $23.16 and International shipping would be $26.18. I am thinking we should price them all around $27-30 (shipping included) and let the surplus (if any) acrew for other future purposes. We can donate it to a worthy cause if no purpose is found; perhaps a cause like purchasing welding rods for Malc.

Now the little catch... this price is assuming we have two holes in the artwork for mounting screws. The badge guy strongly suggest we go this route since it is more reliable. I will try to address this in some final samples to follow.

Malc

Reaction score
I'll take one!
Add the cost of shipping to the UK. Suggest US postal Airmail... Cost of post & packing, 3- 4 US$ at a guess
I suspect the best way to pay is via paypal that way "we" can avoid banking/exchange rate hassles.
If sent by post, which is ok by me, mark the package as "gift" on the customs declaration, :wink:
Malc

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Malc - I suspect you're just hoping for a surplus so we can buy you some welding rods... :)

Letter postage from the US to UK, Austria, and Australia (the ones I checked) is $4.50 vs. $1.48 for domestic shipping (I based this on 5 oz because the badge people said 3.5oz less screws and packaging). We'll be sure to mark it as "gift."

Some logistics:
1. I still need to finish the design (I want to dress up the design).
2. I'll double count the names involved so far and those who have sort of pledged and place an order with the badge company. Right now I am pretty sure 60 pieces is the right number.
3. The badge company will convert our raster art to vector format and give us final WISIWIG art (which I will post).
4. We approve the art and the badges should be delivered to me within 3 weeks.
5. We will create a PayPal mechanism for those who can use it and simple check order system (with email reservation) for those who prefer. These details DanG will help me post.
6. Once the badges arrive I will beginning shipping them out to individuals who have ordered and payment has been received from.
7. I will create a new thread with financial and inventory summaries.

G

Reaction score
I"ll take one. :D

Giorgio
Montreal,Quebec
Canada