M30B32 + carbs?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Are your 38's downdraft or side? Progressive (I assume not)? I apologize in advance for asking noob questions.
Weber 38/38s are downdraft carburetors. Carl Nelson told me this has long been his preferred carb swap for any of the m30s if someone is going to Webers.

TodB

Reaction score
Weber 38/38s are downdraft carburetors. Carl Nelson told me this has long been his preferred carb swap for any of the m30s if someone is going to Webers.
My coupe originally came with triple weber 40s and was a dog but I also didn't spend a lot of time trying to figure them out. Sure looked and sounded good, though. I. too, had a call with Carl who said the 40s were "washing the cylinder sides in gas" and to go with dual Weber 38s which I did and have never looked back. I can provide the jetting if you decide to go this route.

And my drive this morning was great!

Ezz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely the ball hone. I can't remember the grit of the one I did mine with, but like others have said, a nice brisk pace to get a good cross hatch. It wan't tough to do...a little nerve wracking at first..lol. Make sure you check for a ridge at the top of your cylinders before just throwing a hone on it, too.
I checked the ridge and it is there but i can barely feel it.
There are few pitted areas in the cylinders that can be felt by hand
I will post more pics and measurements for the cylinders.
Thanks!