My Coupe Project

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Looks incredible. Can't wait to see more photos and to see it in person soon. I love the color combination!

See you soon.
Matt

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How can his shop be cleaner than mine! ?

How can his hands be cleaner than mine! ?

How can his shirt be cleaner than mine! ?

I now have all kinds of envy!

The 8th deadly sin!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OCC that looks like way too much fun! A couple of questions; what color is your coupe and how do you like the MaxJack?

Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mike made significant progress today when a couple close friends helped him lower the chassis onto the subframe and engine and also install the front struts. Anyone who knows Mike also knows he had previously test fit the struts and subframe without the motor so it all went very smoothly. And he actually wore shoes today! To say it is clean would be a gross understatement.

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpg
    IMG_3289.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 265

Jean Luc

Reaction score
Mike made significant progress today when a couple close friends helped him lower the chassis onto the subframe and engine and also install the front struts. Anyone who knows Mike also knows he had previously test fit the struts and subframe without the motor so it all went very smoothly. And he actually wore shoes today! To say it is clean would be a gross understatement.

Superbe .

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Wive's/girlfriends'/mistrisses' etc. like gold/platinum/precious stones jewelry, this is car guys jewelry!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words. Here are a few more pictures:

Here's the engine on the stand before Chris and I landed it on to the dolly/sub frame
IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

I lowered the car on to the dolly, undid all the bolts and ended up with the sub frame on the dolly.

IMG_3238.JPG

We had to take off the intake plenum to clear the chains. That's HBChris in the red and blue.
IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

Installed the clutch.
IMG_3287.JPG

Then started landing the engine.
IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3289.JPG

Here she comes!
IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

And there she sets.
IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3302.JPG

The engine dolly really helped make the process much easier as did the MaxJax. Once everything was in place we jacked up the 4x4s to raise the front a couple of inches so the sub frame was at the same angle as frame rails.

The struts and brakes are back on the car and it is now on the ground on all four wheels. Fuel lines are in and so are the hydraulic lines.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
simply gorgeous - much better than new.

now will somebody please help Mike find a perfect red 9 blade fan

wazza.csi

Reaction score
Hi Mike, I noticed the extra reinforcing panels in the trunk behind the Spare Wheel and behind the Fuel Tank, do you know the origin of these? I have a parts car that was originally sold into Japan with the same panels! I was told when I bought the car that it was an Alpina Built car and thought the reinforcing panels may be from Alpina.
Warren