My Malaga S54 E9

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Candia4441,

I’m not a buyer so this can remain an open question if you wish. I have two curiosities.

1. What is that extra red thing (bump stop perhaps, or a flashlight) near the green towel?

2. Your center link is bent, presumably to clear the transmission bell housing. Do you get any clunking or contact during suspension cycling, or is it bent enough to clear the transmission while cycling? I

F0D52ED9-237F-4559-96AE-16E911D42878.jpeg
593BF350-0CCE-4290-8B7C-C206F28625F2.jpeg

bdigel

Reaction score
I’m not a buyer so this can remain an open question if you wish. I have two curiosities.

1. What is that extra red thing (bump stop perhaps, or a flashlight) near the green towel?

2. Your center link is bent, presumably to clear the transmission bell housing. Do you get any clunking or contact during suspension cycling, or is it bent enough to clear the transmission while cycling?

Interesting question , when I did the S54 swap on the E12 and e9 cars one reason I spent the huge effort to graft e36 or e46 suspensions in those cars was cause I had issues with the draglinks and tie rod assemblies

Last edited by a moderator:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a 3 E9 and always posting a picture, post few picture of your car to see how perfect is your car if you have one.
Oh dear!! - as you can see, you have many friendly and knowledgeable commentators here, all trying to be kind, simply because you are a fellow forum member, if you were not, well, I will leave that there ...........

But challenging Chris @wkohler on perfection or if he has a car - not clever...........if i might suggest, you might want to throw away the shovel and stop digging now sir.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have been following the commentary, but finally just looked through all of the photos in the listing and read all the comments.

EDIT: self edited for being insincere.

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Candia, what you don't get is we are here to help. Take these experts advice here, take their advice with your other coupes, and do things right down the road.

We only wish you the best. Posting here we are doing you a favor not posting on the auction. That means we want you to do well, but be honest and take the advice.

This advice here usually costs you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars down the road with your other e9 baby's. Trust me, you don't want to be on the bad side of Kohler...he will research the sh%t out of something before he makes a comment. Take his advice to the bank...

GLWA! I mean that. I know you mean well and love the mark!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Candia, what you don't get is we are here to help. Take these experts advice here, take their advice with your other coupes, and do things right down the road.

We only wish you the best. Posting here we are doing you a favor not posting on the auction. That means we want you to do well, but be honest and take the advice.

This advice here usually costs you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars down the road with your other e9 baby's. Trust me, you don't want to be on the bad side of Kohler...he will research the sh%t out of something before he makes a comment. Take his advice to the bank...

Who’s Mark?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Candia4441 - its not easy to hear things that are wrong about something that you have worked hard to complete and get right. most of us have been there at one time or another. please understand that there is NO malice directed at you in anything that i have read within this post. i have read complements and constructive criticism ... and a little forum advice. do yourself a favor and think about this and take it to heart. we all want you to do well as one of our members.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

@Candia4441,

2. Your center link is bent, presumably to clear the transmission bell housing. Do you get any clunking or contact during suspension cycling, or is it bent enough to clear the transmission while cycling? I

View attachment 164059View attachment 164060
I really don't know maybe that is optical illusion if you want I can take a picture just for you to see it, but I took it to 4 wheel alignment and alien is perfect and really I drive 100 mile and this car was handling very good what do you expect from 50 years old car, and another hand I am not expecting full price since I did not restore bolt and nuts, let the buyer do the rest, but I tell you with all this, the car runs like a new, what more can be expected, the interior is perfect and very soft, and don't make you tired, I have the blue E9 that soon will come it is original interior and surprisingly have very good interior, but it is not soft and comfortable like this one, and every one wants the original
like Chris car was perfect restored bolts and nuts and he sold 145 and that's even didn't make him happy but I don't want that kind of money for this cars, what do you think am I right or not,

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I think is a real benefit of this auction is that Candia invested in a good photographer and has offered pretty thorough photo documentation of the car. He is not hiding anything, and all prospective buyers can get a good look at what they are bidding on. That is commendable. GLWA.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Candia4441 Any educated buyer of this car will be able to see that all the important stuff has been done. There's been a TON of work completed, it's beautiful, it drives very nicely, so having to fix a few things here and there won't stop a BMW enthusiast that knows a good shop. The biggest negative is the fact that the car is so special in every other way, the small list of things needing attention are distracting. Again, all fixable, but it reduces your buyer market somewhat.

Good luck with the sale.
Dan

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Candia4441 Any educated buyer of this car will be able to see that all the important stuff has been done. There's been a TON of work completed, it's beautiful, it drives very nicely, so having to fix a few things here and there won't stop a BMW enthusiast that knows a good shop. The biggest negative is the fact that the car is so special in every other way, the small list of things needing attention are distracting. Again, all fixable, but it reduces your buyer market somewhat.

Good luck with the sale.
Dan
Hello
thank you so much, that you understand, I did what I could that's all I know more than this need a more professional person to work on it and I don't ask for full price.
thank you again
Albert

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I think is a real benefit of this auction is that Candia invested in a good photographer and has offered pretty thorough photo documentation of the car. He is not hiding anything, and all prospective buyers can get a good look at what they are bidding on. That is commendable. GLWA.
Hello, and thank you, I don't need to hide since I don't want to reep people of and this is not my business honestly I got tired of working on it, and I don't know more than this I am not a mechanic, I am construction guy.
thank you again

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Good luck with the sale.
Dan
Hi Dan, yes people are not stupid to spend big dollar on this type of car I should be open with them If I try to hide a thing they will know and no one will bid on it.
check the bimmertoday magazine

https://www.bimmertoday.de/2023/06/20/klassiker-mit-kraft-bmw-3-0-cs-e9-mit-s54-unter-der-haube/

Best regards
Albert

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Candia4441 - its not easy to hear things that are wrong about something that you have worked hard to complete and get right. most of us have been there at one time or another. please understand that there is NO malice directed at you in anything that i have read within this post. i have read complements and constructive criticism ... and a little forum advice. do yourself a favor and think about this and take it to heart. we all want you to do well as one of our members.
thank you so much and I appreciate your thoughts.
best regards
Albert
hey check the bimmertoday magazine

https://www.bimmertoday.de/2023/06/20/klassiker-mit-kraft-bmw-3-0-cs-e9-mit-s54-unter-der-haube/

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh dear!! - as you can see, you have many friendly and knowledgeable commentators here, all trying to be kind, simply because you are a fellow forum member, if you were not, well, I will leave that there ...........

But challenging Chris @wkohler on perfection or if he has a car - not clever...........if i might suggest, you might want to throw away the shovel and stop digging now sir.
Hello, I you guys didn't had me what would make you guys busy last 3 days, every one is talking about my car sum good sum bad overall makes you guys be closer to each other and have conversation without me this wouldn't happen, am I right? and this is nice wording but will you explain this is first time I heard ( you might want to throw away the shovel and stop digging )

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, I you guys didn't had me what would make you guys busy last 3 days, every one is talking about my car sum good sum bad overall makes you guys be closer to each other and have conversation without me this wouldn't happen, am I right? and this is nice wording but will you explain this is first time I heard ( you might want to throw away the shovel and stop digging )
let me post my next car for sale

Attachments

• 20230620_170453.jpg
    20230620_170453.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230620_170511.jpg
    20230620_170511.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230620_170551 (1).jpg
    20230620_170551 (1).jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230620_184319.jpg