my NOS hirschmann antenna

Stefan

Reaction score
Antennas were dealer installed, I have seen them on both front fenders and on the A pillar like in a 2002.

Locally dealer (Swe) at that time always (as far as I know it) installed antennas at left front wing.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
can you help me choosing the radio ?

after seeing too many Becker mexico, europa, and so on without a flutter of my heart, i found these Little blaupunkts

love them, but i can not put both, see the pics, only two models are pictured

opinions, please ? (choose between "orange dial" and "no dial" respectively to identlfy them)

thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one on right appears to be a Ludwigshafen, 73 vintage never sold over here, not stereo. The number starts with 7633, the fourth number or 3 means 1973. The one on left is a Coburg vintage 1971, should be 7631730. Don't know much else about them.7TThhe model number stasrts33 320 Ludwigshafen

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Comes down to the one you like best, I like the one on the left.

I was able to locate a Blaupunkt Frankfurt for my CSI from a forum member back in 2011, complete with faceplate and mounting bracket.

Attachments

• Athena Radio.jpg
    Athena Radio.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 166

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the Blaupunkt on top more than the one with the orange dial. I find the Orange dial script more suitable to an American car.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
a mockup and how to place it

definition, setup: I can not get rid of gauges, and I can not place gauges under the radio (not enough width available, gauges must stay there, so radio goes under gauges.

comparing both radios: Orange needle dial marked as "orange"

see how body size affects the angle between the radio fascia and the gauges baseplate

and the winner is:

my only choice is the orange needle one, this model has the same faceplate, but is slightly smaller tan the usual radio, this means that i can accomodate it in the available hole, fascia is facing drivers eyes, and i can keep a portion of Wood below

radio faceplate flows elegant from gauges faceplate with the curve of the lateral panels towards the gearbox console

nice, IMHO, so, lets get that one,...;-)

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Comment and hijack

Nice deQ, amazing what can be done with the simplest if tools. I have a favor to ask- if you ever get time, (your picture reminded me) I am having a devil of a time getting my gauges to work; I hooked them up per the directions and they go wonky so I unplugged them for the mean time. I hooked the lights up to the headlamp light switch which resulted in intermittently blowing fuse #1 & 2. I have said it before I am "electrically challenged" or some might say electrically "special", anyhow, if you could draw a picture some time it would be appreciated. My blue coupe developed a small leak in the radiator core in a place that is really hard to determine but got a nice aluminum one from a forum member :) and the new steering wheel has got to be put on and the trim pieces on the interior of the roof now that I had the headliner done so I have lots of stuff to do (there are benefits of ADD :)) or as my son would say I have ADDDDDDD.

Again, great looking radio piece. You probably have all the tricks but I was able to get really close on the original texture by using "trunk spatter paint" then sanding it to the desired texture and painting black- but I'm sure you have that covered.

Thanks

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice deQ, amazing what can be done with the simplest if tools. I have a favor to ask- if you ever get time, (your picture reminded me) I am having a devil of a time getting my gauges to work; I hooked them up per the directions and they go wonky so I unplugged them for the mean time. I hooked the lights up to the headlamp light switch which resulted in intermittently blowing fuse #1 & 2. I have said it before I am "electrically challenged" or some might say electrically "special", anyhow, if you could draw a picture some time it would be appreciated. My blue coupe developed a small leak in the radiator core in a place that is really hard to determine but got a nice aluminum one from a forum member :) and the new steering wheel has got to be put on and the trim pieces on the interior of the roof now that I had the headliner done so I have lots of stuff to do (there are benefits of ADD :)) or as my son would say I have ADDDDDDD.

Again, great looking radio piece. You probably have all the tricks but I was able to get really close on the original texture by using "trunk spatter paint" then sanding it to the desired texture and painting black- but I'm sure you have that covered.

Thanks

hi peter, i dont know if this would help you,

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9513