my NOS hirschmann antenna

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i already have some shallow mount Focal speakers with separate tweeters. the tweeters are being mounted in the ashtrays - with perforated metal in place of the vinyl. just have to mount the crossovers under the dash, and run wires to the doors.

Attachments

• focal 100krs.JPG
    focal 100krs.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 148

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have 2 speakers on the parcel shelf and 2 in the kick panels, and a tape player in the glove box installed by the dealer for the first owner, all Becker. Becker Europa stereo. My kick speakes are 4x6 but are mounted in the same location as stated in the dealer install sheet:

Kick-Speaker.jpg

Was there an OEM square speaker grill for the kick panels ?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It depended on which brand the first owner had the dealer install. I have a Becker system so I have the 4x6 in the kick panel and the 3.5x8.25 on the parcel shelf as seen in the previous pics. Blaupunkt probably had different speakers. The owner determined how many and where they were installed, but the manufacturers had instruction manuals. Generally if 2 speakers were installed they were put on the parcel shelf, the kick panels were another location to make 4.

Was there an OEM square speaker grill for the kick panels ?

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
It depended on which brand the first owner had the dealer install. I have a Becker system so I have the 4x6 in the kick panel and the 3.5x8.25 on the parcel shelf as seen in the previous pics. Blaupunkt probably had different speakers. The owner determined how many and where they were installed, but the manufacturers had instruction manuals. Generally if 2 speakers were installed they were put on the parcel shelf, the kick panels were another location to make 4.

Interesting. Are the factory square grills Part# SPK.163.007 as shown here ? http://www.beckerautosound.com/Speaker/BMW-Classic Euro speakers.html

Im currently testing the Dayton 4" as a front stage full range driver for the kicks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtATGtxHXI

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those are the Becker ones as depicted in the drawing. They come with very low wattage cardboard speakers in them like back in the day. If you wanted just the grills you would have to drill out the 4 rivets from behind to get the speaker out. There were no "factory" ones from BMW.

That subwoofer is insane.

Interesting. Are the factory square grills Part# SPK.163.007 as shown here ? http://www.beckerautosound.com/Speaker/BMW-Classic Euro speakers.html

Im currently testing the Dayton 4" as a front stage full range driver for the kicks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtATGtxHXI

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
updates

introducing my NOS period correct blaupunkt grille (this is from the seventies, the other one was from the eighties, "BLAUPUNKT" lettering typo coincides with that of the radio fascia, and there is no blue point on it)

Thank you again Bob for these infinity speakers

i have finished with the installation of the rear side, i passed the cables through the lateral, using the holes provided in the structural elements, covering the cables with the carpet, once in the rear seat made the connections of the two cables from the antenna, and hide them between the rear panel and rear armrest

glued the cables to the rear shelf and connect them to the speakers, the rear speakers go in series, so they form one unit, that will be regulated by the balancer

now only pending the conections on the front área, including those in the radio and the balancer

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seriously, where on earth do you find all these period correct NOS items ?

It does look fantastic, as always, but I don't know that you will get much sound up front from those 4x6's in the back.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seriously, where on earth do you find all these period correct NOS items ?

It does look fantastic, as always, but I don't know that you will get much sound up front from those 4x6's in the back.

ha, ha, david, good point, i am being lucky with extremely generous people that i know that had always helped me,

well, i have been checking only with the two speakers at the front so far, i do not intend to have a party or to amuse the neighbours, ;-)

but the sound is quite nice for a pleasant ride i do not like loud music, i am happy to have what a driver would have had in the seventies, sometimes we forget how was life then,...:)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
installed

well it has been a long way, but now it is finished, and with a happy ending too !

system consists of,

blaupunkt ludwischafen bonn mono radio, converted to a din output for MP3
mono balance switch
4 infinity speakers, rated 4 ohm individually, instaled in pairs in series, two front, two rear and between them in parallel
one manual electronic hirschmann antenna

operation includes an external switch for feeding the antenna electronics

the sound is very, very good, i am tempted to say excellent, obviously in the domain of a mono system, this is not stereo, but the reception of the radio is cristal clear and strong, here is a link to a video, the car was in a garage one floor below street level, until the antenna is switched ON nothing is received

enjoy

http://youtu.be/b_M22fGN5XU

and this reveals the sound quality while using the MP3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugG_a3BYECE&feature=youtu.be

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you peter,

some installation details

i placed an external switch for the antenna electronics

a view of the balancer in the glovebox

connections: F=front R=rear RADIO =input from radio

enoz05

Site Donor
Reaction score
well first of all a big thank you to Andre, who was so kind to sell and went through the efforts to send me this beautiful hirschmann antenna, NOS, perfectly preserved

it contains:

i had a useless hole in my rear panel, so i wanted to somehow fill in the gap (hole) ;-)

Is this a correct antenna for E9 ?