my NOS hirschmann antenna

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
today cleaned radio, and replaced inner sponges that cover light in open áreas to avoid light dispersing all around, 40 year old sponges were destroyed or in process, so i replaced them with new felt

tested it, cristal clear reception, this tiny radio is a hit, better sound than the radio in my 2008 AUDI A4, and very nice and smart MP3 connection

Mike is willing to solve a small problem that has arised, very helpful guy, and an amazing online shop in which you can hear and see a video of the radio you want to purchase

I strongly reccomend him and his radios, based in London, obviously speaks perfect english ;-)

www.chromelondon.com

i will use an infinity loudspeaker that fits in the dash hole

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
bob, gary, thanks for the compliments

lets go to the final preparation.

painted in satin black, and placed a piece of felt to avoid squeaks, and some neopren pads to fit in the console walls

and now the speaker hole and grille cloth, must do something ,...:D,..

Last edited:

alanmcg

Reaction score
flush?

q,
did you try bringing the radio forward a little so that its bracket is flush with the plate your gauges are mounted on? seems like it might look cleaner that way.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
q,
did you try bringing the radio forward a little so that its bracket is flush with the plate your gauges are mounted on? seems like it might look cleaner that way.

hi alan, it is a good point, but it is very difficult to flush two panels

i started working for GM-opel in the nineties as head of abstimung/matching, the only way to solve a matching between two panels is that one has to go behind/below the other, usually the one that goes down the visual line must go inside

more in my case two different materials, finishes, and so on, impossible

but i mostly agree with you, i must continue the job, it is asking for an unique panel that holds the gauges and the radio in an only continuous wrap, but with an angle change in the middle from gauges to radio

thank you for your valuable opinion

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great project, when I had mine somehow fitted in the console I realized what I am doing is period correct bastardization.

Are the electronics original or this is the guy that puts a modern receiver inside a retro radio?

Did the "negative on body" sticker come from an online dating site asks my new year spleen.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Great project, when I had mine somehow fitted in the console I realized what I am doing is period correct bastardization.

Are the electronics original or this is the guy that puts a modern receiver inside a retro radio?

Did the "negative on body" sticker come from an online dating site asks my new year spleen.

only can say, internal elements are original
the only odd modern thing is the aux input for MP3

e9luka

Reaction score
Great job. deQuincey, every of your topic is inspiration for own project.

I'd like to ask is stereo radio was available in any factory configuration of E9?

BR,
Lukasz

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

I'd like to ask is stereo radio was available in any factory configuration of E9?

BR,
Lukasz

As far as I know, radios were a dealer installed option.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

BR,
Lukasz

Luka, the radio i am installing is not an stereo, it is period correct (1973), but it is a MONO radio, it might have been installed in its day

e9luka

Reaction score
deQuincey I know that you installing mono.
I asked because of idea of stereo radio in my e9. I'm wondering about correct localization for additional stereo speakers. I know that the easiest way is do it on the rear shelf but I'm not certain about it.
I decided to use Blaupunkt Bamberg in BMW configuration set from 1971-1973

What do you think about it?

2cxwax0.jpg

BR,
Lukasz