New Console for the Coupe

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
I got mine back and Eric even took some leftover tan leather from my original front seat backs and covered the top of the console with it. it looks great.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
*bump* for more interest.

bump.gif

stphers

Reaction score
There used to be a company called " Bird " that made these for 911's. Quite rare now and I am not sure if the company is still in business. I have an older one in storage that I am going to put in my 81 Fiat 124 spider These were very similar to what the fellow here is selling. Nice to have, I like to rest my elbow on it while I am driving

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have always thought that custom sides of the console would be cool - extended to create an armrest. maybe one of these days i will try making one ...

Bwana

Reaction score
Yes, it is but I'm going to do a couple of "upgrades". The cup holder is not strong enough to carry anything more than a small cup of coffee, it's works better as a stabilizer for a tall, narrow cup that eventually rests on top of the hand brake lever. As such, the cup goes up and down when you put on the hand brake (minor, I know, but a bit of an annoyance). I have the 12VDC plug on the bottom left side of the front panel. An accessory plug in this position gets pushed around a bit by the cup. To solve all this, I'm going to put in a small cross member between the side panels, at about the height of the hand brake lever in the up position. The cup should rest on this and be stabilized by the upper ring

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
yes just used some matching leather w/ 3m adhesive
got the scrape leather on ebay
i had to cut out a bit at the left bottom so i could slide the seat as
the adjuster will hit if you dont. but not noticeable
it easy to cut
i sent him the leather originally before -so he did the top
and sent him enuff so i have two tops just in case

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I went with black leather. Had VSR install my Anton arm rest console in April of 2016. I added a dual USB port inside the the covered compartment section, a gift from Iconoclast (Chuck Moss). The accessory and USB plugs have separate fuses under the compartment. The awesome part is the consoles look and feel like they belong in the car and proved invaluable on our trip to Monterey and back August & September 2016.

IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_2918.JPG

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree about the notes
it is so darn comfortable and is really needed for the long trips to san diego to visit my daughter
you need a black fabric screen behind the ac grilles
love the blue leather interior