New Member: Long time E9 fan

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
Hey all, long time multiple BMW owner and I recently took delivery of a 1970 2800cs in Tundra green. VIN: 2280140. The previous owner had it for 25 years and covered maybe one thousand miles in that time. After looking in the car I found an insurance card to Daniel Sliskovich as a previous owner. Anyways, I was told it has a 3.0cs carbureted motor and 5 speed manual (obviously confirmed). I’ve recently bought spark plugs, valve cover gasket, hazard/turn signal relay, new hazard switch (running into no turn signals per usual), new bulbs for all exterior lighting, clear fuel filter, air filters, coolant and brake fluid flush and more. I finally got around to wiping down the interior, cleaning the chrome inside and out and a friend came over to do a little bit of paint correction. The pictures I’ve tried to upload are too large so only these three are small enough.
B5018CAB-F5E6-494F-838A-4DD24ECC7A8D.jpeg
10070D42-B6A3-4566-B610-16862F715E53.jpeg
56F7ADB5-5456-43A1-BF2A-26254A273693.jpeg

Last edited:

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Hey all, long time multiple BMW owner and I recently took delivery of a 1970 2800cs in Tundra green. VIN: 2280140. The previous owner had it for 25 years and covered maybe one thousand miles in that time. He’s the uncle to a friends wife. After looking in the car I found an insurance card to Daniel Sliskovich as a previous owner. Anyways, I was told it has a 3.0cs carbureted motor and 5 speed manual (obviously confirmed). I’ve recently bought spark plugs, valve cover gasket, hazard/turn signal relay, new hazard switch (running into no turn signals per usual), new bulbs for all exterior lighting, clear fuel filter, air filters, coolant and brake fluid flush and more. I finally got around to wiping down the interior, cleaning the chrome inside and out and a friend came over to do a little bit of paint correction. The pictures I’ve tried to upload are too large so only these three are small enough. View attachment 118796View attachment 118797View attachment 118798
Where have I seen a photo of a dog in front of an e9?

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
Beautiful car. Love that color.
Thank you. I’ve always wanted a Green car.

Where have I seen a photo of a dog in front of an e9?

Probably on this website is my guess.
I also have a 1970 Tundra 2800CS in the barn. SO your car may have passed through Coupe King down in LA? (the same Sliskovich?)
It may have and I’d love to know more about it’s history. I’ve tried reaching out to them via their website twice now but no one has responded. I had interest in buying stuff as well, but no response.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations, looks lovely. Interesting, with the late 1980s 7 Series wheels.

There are many parts suppliers aside from Coupe King, try their bay store.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations, looks lovely. Interesting, with the late 1980s 7 Series wheels.

I just noticed "Herman" and "Rodney" - That's funny. How about a pic of Herman in a PM? Sorry to switch subjects. Welcome to the board pnwe9. Yeah I don't think I've ever seen those 7 series wheels on an e9 either..

thedazeofrain

Reaction score

Thank you! I appreciate it. I found the FAQ for other suppliers but I was hoping for a bit more info on the car as well. The Style 3 wheels are interesting indeed! Not my first choice but they don’t look too out of place on the car. I’ll keep them for a while since the tires are a few months old.

I just noticed "Herman" and "Rodney" - That's funny. How about a pic of Herman in a PM? Sorry to switch subjects. Welcome to the board pnwe9. Yeah I don't think I've ever seen those 7 series wheels on an e9 either..

Much appreciated. There’s a first for everything!
Nice car! You should be very pleased.

I am in love with it. I can’t stop driving it! It sits nicely next to my Arctic Blue E12.

Wow looks fantastic!
Thanks!

Great looking car. Welcome.

Thank you. I’m very pleased to see this forum is rather active.