New Member: Long time E9 fan

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful car and wonderful photos! As a fellow new member, I can assure you that this is a very active forum full of helpful info, enthusiastic members and the occasional clash of strong opinions. Hope to see you out motoring here in the great PNW one of these days!

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
Beautiful car and wonderful photos! As a fellow new member, I can assure you that this is a very active forum full of helpful info, enthusiastic members and the occasional clash of strong opinions. Hope to see you out motoring here in the great PNW one of these days!
My buddy took the pictures. He's extremely talented! I'm sure he'd be down to take pictures of a couple of E9's because it appears you and I don't live too far from one another.

Yesterday I changed the spark plugs, fuel filter and fixed the turn signals. Oh, I had all the tint taken off as well. Fish bowl looks so good on these cars.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey all, long time multiple BMW owner and I recently took delivery of a 1970 2800cs in Tundra green. VIN: 2280140. The previous owner had it for 25 years and covered maybe one thousand miles in that time. After looking in the car I found an insurance card to Daniel Sliskovich as a previous owner. Anyways, I was told it has a 3.0cs carbureted motor and 5 speed manual (obviously confirmed). I’ve recently bought spark plugs, valve cover gasket, hazard/turn signal relay, new hazard switch (running into no turn signals per usual), new bulbs for all exterior lighting, clear fuel filter, air filters, coolant and brake fluid flush and more. I finally got around to wiping down the interior, cleaning the chrome inside and out and a friend came over to do a little bit of paint correction. The pictures I’ve tried to upload are too large so only these three are small enough. View attachment 118796View attachment 118797View attachment 118798
welcome to the group, I am new member like you are, if your computer is running windows there is program named ( PAINT ) it comes with the windows, you can resize the pictures and make it smaller this is how you do, right mouse click on the picture and choose "open with" option and programs will line up and choose the PAINT option to open the picture with PAINT program when picture with PAINT program is open, on the top left choose option ( RESIZE ) when you click on it small windows will open there is 2 small box that it say HORIZONTAL and other one is VERTICAL you will see number 100 on it you can type on the box any number smaller than 100 if you type 50 your picture size will be half of what you have then you can post all the pix you like, try it and let me know if that works for you.

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
welcome to the group, I am new member like you are, if your computer is running windows there is program named ( PAINT ) it comes with the windows, you can resize the pictures and make it smaller this is how you do, right mouse click on the picture and choose "open with" option and programs will line up and choose the PAINT option to open the picture with PAINT program when picture with PAINT program is open, on the top left choose option ( RESIZE ) when you click on it small windows will open there is 2 small box that it say HORIZONTAL and other one is VERTICAL you will see number 100 on it you can type on the box any number smaller than 100 if you type 50 your picture size will be half of what you have then you can post all the pix you like, try it and let me know if that works for you.
Thank you! I'll give it a shot and you'll know if it works. I appreciate the information!
Congrats on your E9. Beautiful color combo. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
Thanks! It has been a blast so far.

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
Thanks to Candia4441 for the tip on being able to resize the photos! My buddy Jamie (IG MCoupeDad) snapped these. The day after we took pictures, we swapped the wheels from the E9/E12.

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 218

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I paint my E9 rims it is not a paint I used Pchrome and spray clear coat it came out nice gold color then I spray black clear top coat what do you guys think is it nice for E9 or shine chrome or this will make it better let me know in the pix didn't show the shin but it is like dark shine gold or call it black shine gold

Attachments

• 20210630_163304.jpg
    20210630_163304.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 20210630_163312.jpg
    20210630_163312.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210630_163338.jpg
    20210630_163338.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 212

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks to Candia4441 for the tip on being able to resize the photos! My buddy Jamie (IG MCoupeDad) snapped these. The day after we took pictures, we swapped the wheels from the E9/E12.
Hello,
I love this color it is one of nicest color on E9 1st Green 2nd Malaga 3rd Blue then Orange and Yellow and last is silver and White that is my opinion maybe I am wrong but I love this Green color.

Beam318ti

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great find. Car looks great. Congratulations on the new toy and investment. You found the right forum here for help, advice and inspiration for the E9.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey all, long time multiple BMW owner and I recently took delivery of a 1970 2800cs in Tundra green. VIN: 2280140. The previous owner had it for 25 years and covered maybe one thousand miles in that time. After looking in the car I found an insurance card to Daniel Sliskovich as a previous owner. Anyways, I was told it has a 3.0cs carbureted motor and 5 speed manual (obviously confirmed). I’ve recently bought spark plugs, valve cover gasket, hazard/turn signal relay, new hazard switch (running into no turn signals per usual), new bulbs for all exterior lighting, clear fuel filter, air filters, coolant and brake fluid flush and more. I finally got around to wiping down the interior, cleaning the chrome inside and out and a friend came over to do a little bit of paint correction. The pictures I’ve tried to upload are too large so only these three are small enough. View attachment 118796View attachment 118797View attachment 118798
Hello, you very welcome you have a very nice E9 look sharp but this is the first time I see this kind of wheels on E9 it is kind of nice

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and if you have a picture that is to large you can downsize the picture with your computer in widows program you have to right mouse click and select open with paint program that it comes with windows in all computer when program opens with your large size picture on top left there is a function resize when you click on it open a box that is show a 100% of horizontal pixel now you can type a 50% or less and save it now your picture is ready to send, I hope I could explain properly you can try and if you have a question I will answer. Good lock

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
Not much to update other than a few photos taken a while back.

Attachments

• C00_6704.jpg
    C00_6704.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7957.jpg
    IMG_7957.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7959.jpg
    IMG_7959.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7962.jpg
    IMG_7962.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 121

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not much to update other than a few photos taken a while back.
Pics look good. You can also post them full sized. When you click insert, you will then get a thumbnail of your picture, with two insertion options on the left and a trash can option on the right. Obviously, the trash can option is to delete the picture before you post. If you just click enter, a thumbnail will show in the thread which is what you have done here. Under the thumbnail option, however is an alternative. If you click "full image", your picture will post in the body of your thread. Your picture have more visual impact that way.