Porsche 928

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
in fact i don't need a "SUN" machine , i can play swapping weights&springs and see with the timing light what it does on the engine .
I wanted to "test" it a bit with the degree card to be in the ball park as changing weights is a bit more work than changing jets.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
and finally it runs :) on his own power again after 12 years storage....clutch & box work perfect , engine to be tuned on dyno.

SAM_3022.JPG

mockup with the nose to measure the needed height for the alu scoops to cover the air filters.

SAM_3023.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
damned Corona... i was working and gathering parts "day and night" for the other "regularity" 928 to get it ready for rally next week... cancelled of course. Also no next rally on 4/5 April....it's gonne be a calm period…. :(

Of course nothing compared to those infected…..

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
as this one is a "real" rallycar , not street legal , i bought meanwhile a second '82 928 , which i prepared "rally" as far as i'm allowed to keep it street legal.
Biggest change were stiffer springs to get more ground clearence and swap the suspension from a '90 GT . ( Better and bigger Brembo brakes)
The car itself , as bought , was already mechanical a ideal combination for a "928" , it has a '85 16V S2 engine ( only 27k kilometers) on which they mounted the '82 K-Jetronic injection. So the most developed 16V Porsche made , but with a simple mechanical injection instead of the electronic they used at those years , which is now very expensive in parts....and complicated. Can't compare it , but many claim the K-Jetronic gives better gas response... and indeed , that car drives great . It also has the better (later) S4 transaxle , which i also replaced on the white car years ago. Happy i found such car ( in Germany ).
Nice exterior and renewed interior ... perfect for "regularity" rallies who demand "street legal". So this one is more the successor for the E9.
I mounted rally lights on a spare hood and painted as the car ... so i can swap hoods if lights are not needed and didn't damage his oem hood.
SAM_3110.JPG
SAM_3156.JPG
SAM_3179.JPG
SAM_3130.JPG

SAM_3092.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
as this blue/grey one is ready for rally , i can proceed on the white one with all small things still to do.... can't go to the dyno due lockdown… which is sure another month to go.... so i test fitted a net for the helmets ( works great ! ) and finished the doors…..painted the cage which is changed according the inspection authority advise . Also mounted and connected the extra dashboard with odo, AFR , switches for the extra lights and room for the Terratrips/Blunik

o well , we have time now…..

SAM_3262.JPG
SAM_3264.JPG
SAM_3266.JPG

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
and as i found my BMW a bit on the "light" side to pull my trailer and spare wheels /tools inside…. i bought me a VW Amarok … that will be much better… they delivered the "pickup jeep" … and we rolled in lockdown…. so i can't go tech inspection , license plate etc.. all closed. :(

I think a Amarok is only recently imported to the US ? …. In Europe it exists 10 years ?? drives great , i was really surprized, it's a 3L diesel V6 ( same engine as the Porsche Cayenne) . And mine is a manual :D:D:D

I first looked at a Ford Ranger ... but it was my son , who already test drove both , told me a Amarok drives so much better....indeed , 0-100 takes 8 sec while a Ford Ranger needs 12..13 . That's more a "truck" ...
SAM_3212.JPG

SAM_3214.JPG

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
We don't get the VW pickups in US and Canada. Mexico?? Looks nicely done. Watch out Autobahn with those 928s!