regularity rally pics

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Did me wonder how you guys speak of so easy 240 HP for a B35 ? .... US way of measure ?
I had a "350 HP" Corvette.... on our dyno it had exactly 240 HP .

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
last Saturday rally... look how clean the car remains with the mud guards :D

11ac.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry, this image is tugging in two directions. The mud flaps are so unattractive to look at (sorry to say), yet they keep your car so beautifully clean. I guess the clean car wins. How much more mud was caked up in the wheel wells?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Stephen, in the wheel wells it remains the same , except in the rear were the "channels" beween body and gastank/spare tire well got "filled" with mud....now not anymore.... but i must still high pressure clean .
Most advantage is that the sides keep clean and we can go in&out the car without mud on our trousers.
Also little rocks when spinning wheels don't hit the paint anymore ... one can almost see it here in the pic.

oh, and i do love the look... it is so typical "rally" :)
11deantwerpclassic.jpg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
This a wonderful thread. Pictures are excellent. I am jealous of the fun you are having.
You mentioned, "Sadly she get's sometimes a bit sick of reading rodbook in a fast turning car... as many people do"
My wife simply says, "your driving is making me sick, I'll drive and you read the damn map."

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stock US b35 with 9.0:1 pistons, stock cam is 207hp. With a cam, porting, balancing, chip in ecu, lightened flywheel you can easily get 225, even more with Megasquirt and other tricks. The real benefit is much more torque.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This a wonderful thread. Pictures are excellent. I am jealous of the fun you are having.
You mentioned, "Sadly she get's sometimes a bit sick of reading rodbook in a fast turning car... as many people do"
My wife simply says, "your driving is making me sick, I'll drive and you read the damn map."
Kind of like this?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
and I thought at one point I think I heard her say "f*** you" (the only Italian I know besides "thank you" , "where is the bathroom?" and "are you asking for a bribe?")

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i don't know, i bought the car with those...... typical here in the 70ties... no matter what can help those wipers is better... OEM they are a real disappointment compared to modern ones... just bbbrr,bbbrr but no much effect :D

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just love that squatting look where you are accelerating around that uphill hair pin turn. A classic rally image.

See if you can get someone brave enough to take a photo like this:

75289C07-1164-4D4F-BC1C-476CF0ABA11A.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Barry - sounds great! Did everything tune out as you'd hoped?
I don't recall if you've mentioned this before, but what exhaust are you using on this car?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Stephen, exhaust is complete DIY job with flow trough silencers... except from the Schnitzer headers.