Restoring a '72 3.0 CS I bought for $600 [VIDEO]

georgebriggs

Reaction score
It did indeed! I came with so much it's insane.

I've got better doors now, new door skins, new rockers, ton of engine bay metal, glass, bumpers, all the chrome, full interior, complete lights, oem rims, steering column with keys and manual setup...the list goes on! I got about 1.5 cars from the deal.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great to hear. I'm sure the seller is glad that the car went to a good cause. Your videos will be a great account of the restoration process.

georgebriggs

Reaction score
The real cost of restoring an e9

Hi everyone,

I figured this would be a useful video for those who have yet to dive into restoring their e9 and a good laugh for those who have already gone through it.

I was away from my e9 project this week so I wanted to share the costs of my restomod up to this point. Overall I'm just under 10K CAD which I don't think is that bad. I had to purchase a lot of the tools I'd need to work on the car which I'll naturally get more use of than this one project.

Cost of restoring an e9

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Birds of a feather

I'm in the same price range for costs with my E9 project. Different amounts to be sure, but the total is close at the moment. I had the basic tools, but have purchased a lift and TIG welder that I didn't have. I hope to save large costs by doing my own body work and painting.

Ian

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Slow mo night time shots were great!

Also, you cutting that chassis apart shows how well these things hide rust.