Sierrabeige 1977 3.0Si Restoration in the UK

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your resto guys are great.
I work on mine all day and am rewarded with pics from your thread of what is possible!!
I followed your front strut thread and I was very confused. Fortunately I had 50 mm struts and ordered from Tire Rack, being assembled now.
Ask your crew where they source all those yummy Grommets. Your new ones look great.There are so many and all different sizes! All of mine are rotted.

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
Your resto guys are great.
I work on mine all day and am rewarded with pics from your thread of what is possible!!
I followed your front strut thread and I was very confused. Fortunately I had 50 mm struts and ordered from Tire Rack, being assembled now.
Ask your crew where they source all those yummy Grommets. Your new ones look great.There are so many and all different sizes! All of mine are rotted.
I was confused by the front struts too, but basically if your car was build pre August '76 then you've got a good chance that it was fitted with the commonly available struts. Good news that you got yours fixed!

Which grommets are you looking for? I'll find out if you can let me know the specific ones you're after.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ALL of the little rubber thingies that go in the various holes that wires, fuel lines, brake lines rtc pass through.
1664848165437.png

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lowe's seems to have a nice selection of those little things needed like rubber grommets, nylon sleeves etc. For the lines running along the rocker panel, I just got some thin rubber and cut out little squares. Sadly, we will need to improvise more and more as our cars get older and more distant from the sites of BMW.