Strut bar.......

Orangener

Reaction score
Re: snitzer

sprintevo said:
I am interested too = what is the price to the UK?

Dont ask about prices, please........ :? thats my smallest problem at the moment !
The parts are still under construction, as you can see on the pictures below :

I hope to have time next weekend to cut them out ............aluminium i have enough :lol:

And my milling machine is still waiting:

Orangener

Reaction score
Hi folks!

The part (parts) is (are) milled, only scrubbed with 1 mm encore on each side, but i think it looks good : 8)

Here are the description of the operations i did today, working time was 6 hours (including cleaning my machine and posting this pictures) :

Sawing Turning Milling and the result after milling : http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/Orangener/Domstrebenplatte/

The weight before and after the process:

Domstrebenplattegewicht.jpg
Domstrebenplattegewicht2.jpg

Milling:

Domstrebenplattefraesen.jpg

Keep you updated !

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, from the screens I thought you were designing an aluminum toilet. Let's call it "Schnitzer tribute" instead of "Schnitzer" so we don't have to go visit you in jail for counterfeiting :).

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Your workmanship is

Beautiful--and precise results with the sliced "mirror image" end pieces. I only wish your strut brace design would fit a carburatd motor with stock airbox--I'd opt for one for the BLUMAX/

Is there any way it could be fit?

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
very impressive work. The fit looks very good. Can't wait to get my hands on them...

I wish I could slip pizza under your door so the work would continue non-stop. Your gonna have orders coming.

Orangener

Reaction score
> please check this out <

First of all, thanks for the compliments!

But, oh lord, i see a problem coming :

1.jpg

Please, all of you, who are interested, control and tell me, if the bulkhead between engine and ventilation has the suitable measurement.

Because my Orange is asymmetric ! The right part dont fit ! F***ing s**t !

timt

Reaction score
Orange, my car is too far away to give a quick answer but I will be visiting it in a week or so. What measurements are the problem in your case? Is it the distances of the inverted "Z" angles of the firewall from the wing/fender seam where you have the rule laid out, and/or from the strut mount back to the firewall seam? Are you able to draw some pointers on your picture to highlight please?

All that apart, it still looks excellent ... but sadly looks don't make parts fit! I hope for you and all of us waiting this is a minor but solveable problem.

Regards

timt

Reaction score
Orange, second follow up - if you go back to the very first picture in your first post ... loking down on a plan view of the bar mount ... the outer return path from the rear outer top mount bolt position curves inward towards the engine bay slightly and possibly increases the nominal clearance gap to the outer end of the firewall versus your pattern which appears to run straight from the bolt position before turning parallel to the firewall. This may not be relevant or matter but could make a difference if the firewalls on different cars vary by more than say 5 mm on the inverted "Z" angles.

Orangener

Reaction score
I´ll be back to normal again !

I have eliminated this silly mistake :

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

Now both sides fit !

But be carefull, the lenght 135mm is very important!

11.jpg

Now i need the two swivel heads, to complete the processing.
I will use countersunk head bolts in M12 to fix them, so that the srews are hidden !
Tomorrow i meet the man from the foundry, i hope he can make a good price !

timt

Reaction score
Orange, well done and thank you for the measurements, should help all who want one. I'll check my car as soon as I can. Regards,

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
I want one...even if I don't track it just looks soooo preeeety....sorry about that I come
from a Mercedes background so things have to look preeeety.
abe