Strut bar.......

nimble_n_quick

Reaction score
Orange,

Beautiful part!

Have you considered shot peening or bead blasting to give the right surface finish texture? Could be followed up with a clear hard anodize to give longevity to the finish.

Great work.

Orangener

Reaction score
Today i gave the parts to the guy from the foundry.He estimate the price for maximum 50€ each, rather cheaper.He will need both to make the pattern, after that it is unemployable for use !

So we all will have the same. :)

The parts will have a much rougher surface than now, they get sand blasted after casting.I have to do a postprocessing, all holes will be closed, and the notch for the swivelheads will get a measurements of quantity.For the swivelheads i payed 15€ each, so below 200€ for the set will be an achievable price(except shipping).

In 1 weeks he can give me an exact price, for the setup he will need 2-3 weeks.
Total 1 month.

As my father always said: Do not get out of patience.The perfect christmas-gift :twisted:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Andi, you are a magician! :mrgreen:

With this strut bar and new feeler gauges what more could a coupe owner want?

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Marvelous how CAD and controlled equipment make these parts simple to create and re-create for all of us here; bravo!

On our last BMW-meeting in Atzenbrugg/Austria there was a very nice CSL in ceylon with a strut bar

Isn't it amazing that unlike at US events, at the euro meets a bit of rain does not send the field of e9 running for cover...! (the no wash issue)

:mrgreen:

Put me on your list and PM me when the strut braces are ready.

Ran

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Yep..that is why their cars are all rusty and they now come here to buy our cars.
abe

Marvelous how CAD and controlled equipment make these parts simple to create and re-create for all of us here; bravo!

Isn't it amazing that unlike at US events, at the euro meets a bit of rain does not send the field of e9 running for cover...! (the no wash issue)

Put me on your list and PM me when the strut braces are ready.

Ran

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Abe...You have a PM

...They now come here to buy our cars.
abe

but, but they got more e9 cars than we ever did.... Perhaps in the spirit of protectionism, we should get Congress to enact a new law and then assess an export duty on cars that came here originally?

We could use our share of any proceeds to run the Roundel straight out of town?

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I am very patient...so patient in fact that I don't even own the car yet but do know that it will also require this brilliant conversion...if it's ever to keep up with me!

No rush!

Ran

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Count me in. Would it be cheaper to ship one container to one address here in the states and some Saint could mail them individually - paid in full for shipping charges of course.?

Steve ONeill

Orangener

Reaction score
On todays excursion to a great car-collection i took those pictures of a welded strut bar :

E9-Motorraum.jpg

Pic1007.jpg

Pic1006.jpg

btw : nice air filter housing, am i right ? :mrgreen:

pmansson

Reaction score
This is very interesting. I have a strut bar from Werner Hand in Germany, and it looks very , very similar BUT the holes don´t match the holes of the screws from the top part of the struts.....
Instead the top of the isoceles triangle points towards the bonnet locks rather than straight into the engine bay and to the opposite mounting point.

I haven´t mounted it and will talk to Werner about this.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Believe the car you photographed is the Alpina engine car discussed at length, on the Alpina forum pages last month...
where I stood up for the owner and actually (at it's most demonstative) virtual food was thrown around the thread?

I am apparently said to be an uncharcteristically kind American, to help steer this Dutch Gentleman
(and other distant Austrian members as well recently) away from possible financial ruin...
perhaps someday a custom bar... for my '83 e24, signed by you?

engine_04.jpg

Pic1006.jpg

in lieu of the above, please have the owner send the air cleaner here FedEx, as I do like it, very much!

lol!

Ran

Last edited:

Orangener

Reaction score
:-D You can read his mind (the guy on the right)
The left one is the owner, but my beard dont itch !
I was only wondering, because underneath this airhousing there were no carburators !
We say Einzeldrosselanlage (dont know the corrct english word), still the same injection like on this motor, even from the same collection :
Motor3.jpg

BTW, its not a Alpina B2S, its "only" an E9 with Alpina-parts

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
BTW, its not a Alpina B2S, its "only" an E9 with Alpina-parts__________________

This is certainly true...!

Then again Alpina's car were similarly an E9 with Alpina-parts with a minimum of tuning as that had already been
worked out the track 2800CS' during years prior...

Cheers!

Ran

PS A rose is a rose is a rose indeed!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
............no question of it ! :mrgreen:

Alpina engine...3 carbs just a custom manifold..ported, very sweet and very rare...even if Alpina did not put his touches on the rest of the car I would eat my passenger floor carpet mat to have that engine.

The person that really know most is Duane Sword. He spent 2.5 years and
more than 40k only to learn his wasn't really a 'true' Alpina B2 either!

http://www.theALPINAregister.com/photos/B2/-/coupe/4310155

Cheers!

Ran