Tesla maybe smoke and mirrors

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I suppose it depends how and where the electricity is generated in the user's region - coal, nuclear, etc.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
It has arrived. Not much seat time yet! But zero to thirty happens in about one second. It is a torque monster. More later! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370013856.743082.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
850 miles (and counting) in the new Tesla

Ours arrived about two weeks ago, and it has been great. Quiet, smooth, loads of torque. The zero to thirty time has to be as fast as any car on the road. The ride is sporty and firm, the steering OK for electric assist. Brakes are great. We are driving it all over the place. We ordered the rear facing third row, which is good for kids up to about 10 years of age. The little ones love riding back there. The center stack and screen gadgets are superb. Blows away any other current car. About the size of two and a half ipad screens and easy to use. Google maps, internet radio, a great backup camera screen. Rated range is about 136 miles, and we are getting 125-130. Plugging it in when you pull in the garage is a snap. We always just top it off when we get home. Power consumption is about 290 watt/hrs per mile overall. The only drawback I can think of is the front trunk. It has to be closed with two hands, which can be a pain when you have just unloaded something. It has a heavy duty latch just like the hood of any car, to keep it from flying open. Otherwise no gripes. Loving it so far. Scott

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Scott. It sounds like a wonderful car that fits your likely usage. I started this thread with a question mark, but having driven one, it is a game changer relative to a 5 series, 7 series or other Luxury car.

For our family I just took possession of a new 2013 MDX that my wife will drive. We traded in our 2006 MDX with 117,000 miles and basically zero issues. If we lived in a warmer clime, if we parked indoors, and if we didn't put big miles on our vehicles, especially in ski season, the Tesla would have been a machine to consider. One reason I bought the 2013 (on it's way out) is because Acura is switching the production from Alliston , Ontario to somewhere in the US and I just wanted a locally built vehicle that I had a handle on what I was getting and how it was built. So far I am very impressed with the new MDX when you factor in the cost (over $10K off on a 2013) It comes in at about 40% less than an X-5. AMazing sound system BTW. Never heard Money for Nothing sound so good on a demo CD.

If you have other observations on your new Tesla, please keep the thread going.