The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

I'd love to have a copy as well. Mine are in 'fair' condition, but might want to replace them sometime, so that would be a big help if and when. THANKS from me as well.

Gary

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went for a visit to Bennyz today. Highlights:
  • need all felt for windows. I ordered from CoupeKing already but not there. Need to confirm and re-order. Hopefully Erik has them. Emailed him.
  • Ordered wrong rear tires. Need higher, 55's. CRAP. I hope Tire Rack will accept return. Can someone confirm what I should have ordered. Not sure how I screwed this up, but no huge deal. Called Tire Rack and they are taking care of this no charge! Yea. Not sure how i did this. 225/50R-16 FIRESTONE FIREHAWK INDY 500 SL and 205/55R-16 FIRESTONE FIREHAWK INDY 500 SL [UPDATE: PER TIRE RACK WE HAVE THE RIGHT TIRES, BUT MAY NEED TO ADJUST SUSPENSION]
  • Lower trim on side may need replacement. Not sure. What do you think.
  • Wood is done, but didn't see it yet. Need some minor stuff, but it is not holding things up much. Wood will be there end of next week, so not meeting my May 15 date.
  • Looking good I think.
Thanks for your help!!!

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who said you need 55-series tires in the rear?

Stock tire is: 195/70R14. Height: 24.8"
new tire: 225/50r16: height: 24.9"

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

or are you talking about the fronts?

205/55R16. Height: 24.9"

Correct. 55-series for the FRONT!

I have Tire Rack on the line now with Benny, and they are telling me that the tires are right. I am soooo confused.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that Benny is letting the numbers on the sidewall influence what he is seeing. The 50 and the 55 is the aspect ratio. A 205/55 tire has an aspect ratio of 55% of 205mm, a height of 112.75mm. A 225/50 tire has an aspect ratio of 50% of 225, or a height of 112.5mm. They should be a quarter of a millimeter apart. :D

Now, if your wheel wheels are wider then you are stretching the tires and shrinking your tire height. This wouldn't even become an issue until you were running 9" rears, which I know you are not. The original ebay ad had these as RS005's, which are 7" all around.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
He's smokin' crack. It's the same height.

WHat I don't understand is the huge wheel gap. Didn't you put CN springs on there?

The huge wheel gap is giving the illusion that the rear tires are lower than the fronts.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 205/55 with 225/55 would be a common pairing for tire sizes. As @Markos calculated, the diameter is effectively equal. What is odd is the daylight between the rear tire and the wheel well. That doesn't look right...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tires: Sure is sitting high. Looks like it’s set for off road rallying. Cool.

But seriously, CN springs and Bilsteins are far and away the most common setup amongst us and the ride height is really nice (low but not too low).

I’m starting a pool on how many miles before Scott damages the Csl spoiler lip. Scott be careful. It’s not that the air dam lip is low but that it is way far forward of the tires . This exaggerates the effect of driveway dips, speaking from experience and a cracked airdam. Be careful with it

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tires: Sure is sitting high. Looks like it’s set for off road rallying. Cool.

But seriously, CN springs and Bilsteins are far and away the most common setup amongst us and the ride height is really nice (low but not too low).

I’m starting a pool on how many miles before Scott damages the Csl spoiler lip. Scott be careful. It’s not that the air dam lip is low but that it is way far forward of the tires . This exaggerates the effect of driveway dips, speaking from experience and a cracked airdam. Be careful with it

Thank you very much for the information. I have CN Springs and Blistein as well so if the right height showing is correct then I will tell Benny.

In terms of that pool on when I damage that spoiler I will take that that. I had a Polaris slingshot with a extremely low front and that you have to be very careful with it so I am used to it but I suspect that the over under is a bout 5000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’m starting a pool on how many miles before Scott damages the Csl spoiler lip. Scott be careful.

You mean Alpina front spoiler, right?

Main thing is driving up to a curb when parking. Stay clear and far from it.

80-img_20150821_181406386_c83fabb49d3c6b048c02c4470fb4ed1842243809.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha ha - My lowered M3 has the same issue. I had to train myself to park it about a mile from a curb stop. :D And in that case the spoiler is not that far from the front wheels - but it is about 4.5" above the pavement which is too low for most obstructions.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
You mean Alpina front spoiler, right?

80-img_20150821_181406386_c83fabb49d3c6b048c02c4470fb4ed1842243809.jpg

I honestly think I got the CSL air dam from Coupe King before I started looking and comparing. I hope I got the right one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
09145ca9235ffd54c19b9d0304bc2840.jpg
I like the no front bumper look as well. My Sienna coupe is like this with CoupeKing 'Alpina' air dam and my Polaris will be set up like this when it is redone. Personal opinion, but the front bumper detracts from the body line (like braces on a supermodel) and makes an otherwise timeless design, dated. The rear bumper is visually necessary to break up what is a large flat area if not mounted. As it is, I wish that the rear bumper was even smaller. That clear indicator looks great with black.

You're getting this spoiler, right ? Didn't know CSLs came with those

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.