the frua barn find

m5toureg

Reaction score
BMW Classic Collection - 2800GTS Frua - a few appr. 6 minutes into the video -
after the Nelson Piquet F1 car... (video includes the Elvis Presley 507) -

Last edited:

gwittman

Reaction score
Not to imply that my 69 Cobra is any where near the class of a Frua, but the roof line of the Frua reminds me of the roof line on my Cobra Sportsroof. I guess most fastbacks have a similar roof line. The Cobra has a scale smaller window but has a trunk.
P1010159.JPG
P1010160.JPG
look.

gwittman

Reaction score
Great looking car! License plate #1 must be a challenge to get and hold... story please!
Well, the story is not as challenging. That is the work of a little Photoshop. I have gotten into the habit of not showing my actual license number on the Internet. I don't know why for sure because anybody could get it on the road. I have just seen other people do it and thought it is probably a good idea. The license number starts with a 1 but the other digits are whited out.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Sly move.

I see craigslist cars obscure their plates one way or another. What sellers in Hawaii don't seem to bother to realize is that someone knowing your plate number (which is as easy to get as simply driving over for a look) doesn't provide useful information. You can't call DMV with a plate number and find out whose car it is, or where they live, and DMV won't even confirm ownership of a VIN or plate. Other jurisdictions are likely different, and maybe it's the pervasive culture of mediocrity here that prevents such info from flowing.

m5toureg

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I admit I have not read this entire thread again and in full but I seem to remember that
this sales add on mobile.de might be of general interest here (?).
With the ,registro frua’ being located in Germany this was perhaps already noticed
and discussed here ?
-

Last edited:

Registro Pietro Frua

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I admit I have not read this entire thread again and in full but I seem to remember that
With the ,registro frua’ being located in Germany this was perhaps already noticed
and discussed here ?
-
This 1967 BMW/Glas 3000 V8 Frua Fastbackcoupé (comm. 349)
has been covered in another thread
and on my website
www.pietro-frua.de/1967_bmw3000coupe.htm

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys.
and discussed here ?
-

super peculiar when opposed to the e3 and e9 based ones
thank you

1701375388408.png

Last edited:

Registro Pietro Frua

Reaction score
The stripped body shows the line at which the E3 floor pan has been shortened for ca. 2 1/4 inches (between the white arrows). Could somebody provide similar photos of the original E3 floor pan for comparison?
1969_bmw2800-3_2020-07-10_13-07-51.jpg
1969_bmw2800-3_2020-07-10_13-04-24.jpg

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really amazing work with documentation and registry!

It is so great, coming from one interesting topic to another which appears even more astonishing!

This topic is amazing. I was a fan of Frua cars from the point I have seen it for the first time in a car magazine.
They appear much "sharkie" than BMWs.
Monteverdis are great looking cars too.