What’s you best/most common comments about your car?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Strangely, I've not once gotten the Corvair comment, maybe they didn't sell well in the South. Agree that women don't usually go out of their way to comment, the one exception is taking it to an art exhibition. Then watch out :D

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Left on my windshield one day.

Beautiful note.jpg

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
I got a note on my M6 window " If you ever want to sell, call me. My wife made me sell my M6 when we got married, she's not my wife anymore!"
I got a note on my M6 window " If you ever want to sell, call me. My wife made me sell my M6 when we got married, she's not my wife anymore!"
'Can this car have anymore BMW emblems on it?'
Sure, if you count the emblems on the hubcaps on my original alloy rims. That makes 8.”)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Same day I bought the Eleonor...

Me and my brother brought the car to the garage and we spent some time to drive her down from the trailer (no brakes!).
While we were considering how to do it, a kid on BMX/downhill bike was passing by.
He stopped suddenly and told really loudly: "what a CAR". He was looking with true amazement and kid's eyes never lies...

I think it was the one and only "WOW" on my rusty, dirty and incomplete E9.

I wouldn't be surprised this moment was life-changing in kid's life ...

... like for me long time ago

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not exactly a comment, but shortly after I got my coupe I made a quick run over to the local drug store. I stopped at the parking lot exit and waited a couple of seconds to make a left turn. As I began into my turn two college aged guys came running out of the restaurant on my right with their phones out trying to get a picture before I disappeared. I was in the middle of the road by then, so really had to continue on my way, but I had a huge grin on my face from seeing these guys running out of the restaurant to see my car.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Your car is beautiful,
while walking round the car twice , what make is it ??.. ignoring the BMW badges on the car ,
ask a silly question get a silly answer back ie it’s a Ford !!

Took my mates kid to his prom , dropped him off at the main reception area in school
where majority of the teachers and kids are standing, waiting , taking photos of their friends arriving in super cars ie lambo’s , Ferrari’s, porches etc etc
Ferrari 100yards in front of me ,pulls up , kid gets out , teachers, other kids taking photos of the car ,
I pull up behind the Ferrari playing a famous song super loud , every one comes round the E9 and kids , teachers saying your car is beautiful, best car here etc etc , know one looking at the Ferrari now .. driver is pissed
my mates kid felt like a Hollywood film star he said getting out of the E9
Went into the car park to do a u turn and drive back past the kids, teachers

Ferrari owner waved me down in the car park and told me to drive head of him cuzz the E9 took the attention away from his Ferrari lol

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Most frequent: “what year?”

Surprisingly often: “James Bond!”

Best: a very attractive, elegant woman in a white Range Rover pulled up next to me at a stoplight. She rolled down her window and said “that car is pure sex,” smirked, then drove away. Kind of like Suzanne Sommers in the white T-bird. Dumbfounded, I struggled to find first gear as she disappeared.

that’s awesome

James Bond check
Sex check

the best one: I watched a guy talk to the car, he paced all around it for 2 minutes-full conversion with coupe.

BMW3.0CSi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recognize the comments mentioned here, especially the year, is it a 6-series? and "did you do everything yourself?", but my personal best feeling was during driving on the highway and having a modern Porsche 911 GT.. holding next to me for 10/20 seconds, checking the car and then putting his tumbs up! :D

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I parked in town behind a friend's also-silver newish Ferrari 360, as he approached his car from a shop. He stopped in his tracks and came to do the two minute walk around (must be common absorption time frame..) and said "they really got that one right...you know, any a**hole with money can buy a Ferrari, but that's really something"

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
I parked in town behind a friend's also-silver newish Ferrari 360, as he approached his car from a shop. He stopped in his tracks and came to do the two minute walk around (must be common absorption time frame..) and said "they really got that one right...you know, any a**hole with money can buy a Ferrari, but that's really something"
I really love these posts. Coming up with the best is tough. Most common is easy; at stop lights, gas stations, parking lot, thumbs up, etc. And yes, I’ve even observed the two minute walk around. The one thing I wish I could recreate is that feeling I experienced when I saw an e9 for the very first time.:)
I guess I will just need to be content with the comments I get “every” time I take it for a drive.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drove my wife to her friend’s house to drop off a Christmas gift, across the street a garage door opens and a Tesla comes out. He stops, gets out and takes a picture, I can see an E24 also in the garage. He says “what a coincidence, my buddy just texted me a picture of your car at the grocery store yesterday, he knows that’s my kind of car”.