What’s you best/most common comments about your car?

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Best one this morning in Long Beach

“is this a coupe king car”

Sadly no, but thanks for the compliment.

25B16946-2919-49AD-835C-E216D5F4FF1E.jpeg

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Being in the Michiana area I think the most often comment has been “ beautiful” or wow it’s a BMW but I’ve never seen one of these, what color is that and what is it?...as they walk around it. Even a couple BMW salesmen said similar. They never had seen one.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My most frequent comment is "how's the car going?"
I used to be Mr. Fortnight because that was how long whatever thing I was working on was going to take. Then it became Mr. Month, then Mr. A Month Or So, then Mr. I don't @#!*ing Know.

I you wait long enough it will come full circle and you'll be 'Mr Millennial.' :) Thank god I'm not in that age bracket... Also glad I'm not a Boomer.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I parked in town behind a friend's also-silver newish Ferrari 360, as he approached his car from a shop. He stopped in his tracks and came to do the two minute walk around (must be common absorption time frame..) and said "they really got that one right...you know, any a**hole with money can buy a Ferrari, but that's really something"

Reminded me of this scene from Gone in 60 Seconds

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not exactly a comment, but shortly after I got my coupe I made a quick run over to the local drug store. I stopped at the parking lot exit and waited a couple of seconds to make a left turn. As I began into my turn two college aged guys came running out of the restaurant on my right with their phones out trying to get a picture before I disappeared. I was in the middle of the road by then, so really had to continue on my way, but I had a huge grin on my face from seeing these guys running out of the restaurant to see my car.

Similar thing happened not too long after I got my car (back about 10 years ago now - jeezzeee... time flies)...
I was driving near Seattle on a multilane road - waiting at a traffic light. I was stopped behind a station wagon (old school one - late 70's big old Ford or GM... don't remember that much) - and there were two kids sitting in the rear seats - facing me. I was one lane over but going the same direction. One of the kids saw the car and started pointing at me and saying something and just making a fuss about it. The kids pulled out cell phones out and started taking pictures just as the light changed. I think the kids were telling dad - driving up front- about what they are seeing and asking him to pull next to me... or something like that. I had to make a turn a few blocks up so couldn't stick around too much - but all three of them (kids and dad) gave me big smiles and thumbs up as I made my turn. Made my day.

Another one was when I was getting gas in my E23 (a 1985 Euro 728i). A young kid in a tricked out Subaru WRX pulled up on the other side of the island (the Subaru had the loud exhaust, was lowered, big wheels - all the 'stuff'). The kid had tons of tattoo's, nose ring, more earrings than I could count, a mohawk - he was right out of B movie central casting for a young punk. LOL... He got out of his car as I was finishing up. He said - "Love your car - My Grandpa has one - but it is not as nice as yours. Really Cool... " or something like that... That was too funny. Just goes to say that even though we all don't have the same choice in what we drive - we all can appreciate other classics we see on the road.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"You know they are made from Confectioners Sugar" - Scott Sislane commenting on my wife driving Athena in the rain to The Vintage in Winston-Salem in 2012.

"Do you drive that in the winter?" asked the man at Starbuck's. Me, "No, the salt would kill it, that's why you never see these." Man, "So not well made then." He was driving a rusty pickup.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh so many over the years, what is it? yep, with all the badges in place, but I still politely answer BMW.............whats that color? etc ........On the Batmobile's I have heard "why would you do that to such a beautiful car" that one I accept with grace, because if they don't know, its a reasonable comment.

My favorites are being at car shows and listening to the "experts" telling their friends about it :) and one I have heard more than a few times "is it a V6 or V8 in there"

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
I think the coupe is so mesmerizing that the badges disappear. The brain is just not calculating fast enough.
Just for fun on a this winter day, I’ve been cruising coffee and cars on YouTube. Curious how they have been dealing with Covid, I became so bored with all the super cars, the Porsches, and most of all, the tarted up Japanese rockets. Oh how I longed for the mesmerizing profound simplicity, and elegance of our e9s. I also noticed there were no e9s to be seen, not even in sunny California.:)