What did you do to your E9 today?

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Penetrol, available at HD or Lowes. I sprayed my cavities with it.
That's the one! Thanks for remembering Steve. I have sprayed Owaldöl (Penetrol) everywhere there are metal joins that I wouldn't want wax to show in. It has great penetrating properties, hardens without being tacky, and does not attract water like WD-40.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Added a Blaupunkt Berlin stalk!
Looks good

Attachments

• 844F00A9-E06E-46FF-AF90-451174B93DF9.jpeg
    844F00A9-E06E-46FF-AF90-451174B93DF9.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 283

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got out the air compressor and topped up the tires in prep for the long winter's sleep. I need to jack up each wheel and rotate them a bit to help prevent flat spots too.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
In Austin?
Well, it's not a long Winter here, but the car has been, and will be, at rest in the garage till I can get other household projects done and begin the repairs/restoration it needs. Today I'm building a greenhouse to protect the tropical plants from the freezes that will come (and to keep them out of the garage) and I have a shed to build under the carport to take the parts that will be removed from the car during rust repair, so it will be a long while before the car rolls out of the garage. Meanwhile, the tires must be maintained.

Last edited:

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you can get a square grip for the parking brake handle it helps prevent the tendency to pull sideways.

I added the upgrade kit because I needed to remove and straighten out the lever which had been pulled sideways when a friend thought my coupe was rolling back into his so he reached in and gave it a mighty yank.

5EB2F1EF-D16D-46C2-9674-6871065BFFC8.jpeg