What did you do to your E9 today?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Andrew, I’m not sure it is worth a thread on this. Since I’m not changing color or painting inside jams, engine and trunk it is a pretty simple remove belt trim, window sills, badges and all that other exterior stuff. I will have my belt trim polished and reshot with ceramic as well, I have a new windshield courtesy of Don from W&N. We will go down to bare metal by hand as my current paint is failing due to it being stripped previously only down to the factory primer. Everything is already removed from front half of the coupe and it only took two hours, need to remove rest of belt trim and rear bumper. Maybe I could document the reinstall process.
Malaga is a one-step solid color. Back in 1979, the paint shop wanted to spray clear over the Malaga on my 2002. It turned out very nice,considering the paints used back then. What is the technique you'll be using now with a solid color?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I overcame my fear of the front hood torsion bar. I pulled it this morning and boxed it up to ship away. Thanks to a few CSL owners on factory CSL prop measurements.

Used my head and installed the CSL prop first! :D
I like that prop a lot, Mark. Did you make it from scratch? Can u show pics of the way the bottom attaches to body? And how does it get stored with hood closed?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like that prop a lot, Mark. Did you make it from scratch? Can u show pics of the way the bottom attaches to body? And how does it get stored with hood closed?

It’s actually just a factory CSL prop. They aren’t very complicated. It simply floats on the cowl piece that sits just behind the strut bolts. Just a hole right through it. It rests right in front of the cowl seal. My factory filter box is a little in the way, likely due to the weber carbs. Not a problem in the long run for me.

BFCE84BB-7224-4C3D-A8E0-0931ED6E9B4F.jpeg

7C7175D8-792D-4F34-AD06-1BDB7E0DF0A7.jpeg

0DF8491A-40D4-469F-8BFE-01BA8A113E9A.jpeg

1BE844F9-9FA6-43C3-BAD3-0DE53D0F7501.jpeg
AB979066-C86E-484A-8F41-039EE4FAE586.jpeg
121DA1A9-932E-429D-A428-F9B6F6A0CD96.jpeg

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spent a couple hours carefully cleaning all of the ash and dust off all the cars in the garage from all of the wild fires burning in Oregon this last week. The air quality has been horrible for days. I have no complaints though because there are a lot of people that have lost everything and some lives have been lost. Our local Oregon CCA Chapter will be doing some fund raising to try to help out.

IMG_4201.jpg

pat cooks

Reaction score
replaced the right side floor pan on my CSL, tightened up all the petrol hose clamps on the engine, replaced the nut and bolt through the brake master cylinder clevis with the correct pin and clip, using it for a short holiday trip later this week!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another relatively easy upgrade. My 73 CS has 2 issues with the interior aluminum trim. The long pieces on the front door are scratch, dented and a bit bent. The pieces on the rear cards are too short. Intended for the cars that have the access plug to get to the rear power window motor. I got the @alprada70 replacements and installed the rears today.
IMG_5889.jpg
IMG_5892.jpg

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan - post some pics ... did you buy a full set? how do you think they match compared to the originals?
Posted pictures.
I did buy the full set.
The match is very good but as you see in the pictures, the Alprada set have rounded ends versus th more angular OEM.
I am very happy with them. More pictures when I install the set on the front doors.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
stopped by to visit the painter today - and i see color. yeah !!! a little overspray in a few places, but overall i am happy. in the first pic i have a question, did we forget to remove the radiator mount? is it supposed to be body color or satin black? i have new strut caps (actually i have 2 sets) and the camber plates will go on so no issues with stray paint there. we will get in front of the radiator (above and below) when we go to the front.

overall, happy i went with ceylon.

engine compartment - L.jpg

engine compartment - R.jpg

engine compartment - firewall.jpg

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
stopped by to visit the painter today - and i see color. yeah !!! a little overspray in a few places, but overall i am happy. in the first pic i have a question, did we forget to remove the radiator mount? is it supposed to be body color or satin black? i have new strut caps (actually i have 2 sets) and the camber plates will go on so no issues with stray paint there. we will get in front of the radiator (above and below) when we go to the front.

overall, happy i went with ceylon.

View attachment 102897

View attachment 102898

View attachment 102899
We need more pics!!! Looks fantastic!!!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mike, that's all they painted yesterday. going to be cutting in the doors, trunk, etc. next. unfortunately i won't be in town tomorrow as i have to go to louisiana to get my mother into assisted care.

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Posted pictures.
I did buy the full set.
The match is very good but as you see in the pictures, the Alprada set have rounded ends versus th more angular OEM.
I am very happy with them. More pictures when I install the set on the front doors.
It looks great. The first set I see installed! When the car has a hole, the strip is shorter and more angular. If it is longer (without hole) it is rounded ...