What did you do to your E9 today?

boonies

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
stopped by to visit the painter today - and i see color. yeah !!! a little overspray in a few places, but overall i am happy. in the first pic i have a question, did we forget to remove the radiator mount? is it supposed to be body color or satin black? i have new strut caps (actually i have 2 sets) and the camber plates will go on so no issues with stray paint there. we will get in front of the radiator (above and below) when we go to the front.

overall, happy i went with ceylon.
That looks absolutely stunning. Paint makes such a huge difference on a project and yours looks awesome.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It looks great. The first set I see installed! When the car has a hole, the strip is shorter and more angular. If it is longer (without hole) it is rounded ...
One front door done, while I was in there, leaned and conditioned the leather.
62301534410__8F4613EA-AD50-438A-BB02-60998A77596A.jpg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Driver side rad mount is fixed and body color. Looks gorgeous! Can he still shoot the frame rails?
probably, i just don't know where he would stop though - he doesn't have a lift. are you just talking about the visible (vertical) section or all 3 sides

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Chris, i will get him to hit the vertical section visible from the engine compartment and catch the rest with a rattle can later. the front wheel wells are going to have lokari put in them, so i'm not to worried about that finish ... rears will have to see.

at some point i will completely detail the underside - scrape off all of the coating and redo it.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
After almost 8 months in the restoration shop, I was given my now Turkis coupe to drive to a FuelFed Cars & Classic on Sunday. Saturday was spent putting the gray trunk pieces in and gluing the Hawaiian curly Koa wooden e-brake handle to match the wood on the doors & dash. The car ran just like it did last week on the Dyno. Here are a few pics of the event.

IMG_1910(1).jpg
IMG_1938(1).jpg
IMG_1944(1).jpg
IMG_1945(1).jpg
IMG_1946(1).jpg
IMG_1971(1).jpg
IMG_1972(1).jpg
IMG_1976(1).jpg

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
After almost 8 months in the restoration shop, I was given my now Turkis coupe to drive to a FuelFed Cars & Classic on Sunday. Saturday was spent putting the gray trunk pieces in and gluing the Hawaiian curly Koa wooden e-brake handle to match the wood on the doors & dash. The car ran just like it did last week on the Dyno. Here are a few pics of the event.
Just awesome

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Replaced the door jamb piece that had been beat up by the seat belt buckle, a pleasant small project with nice results and the opportunity to disassemble and clean up the bits and pieces in the area and better adjust the door striker.

E4877E9D-5F6E-4771-A44D-2C3580EE7CA7.jpeg
E0E018D4-65E5-4D3F-B468-4843396391D6.jpeg
75BF785E-1574-4D12-BF97-28649620DFC9.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
glad to see that you got the new gasket with it. looks great, i know they are expensive ... but what an improvement