What did you do to your E9 today?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tom- go to www.Cocomats.com. 1-800-461-3533. They have them in several colors for our cars. If you have that wedge-shaped foam under your carpet where you rest your left foot, then ask them for the pattern with my name,Drew Gregg, or initials DG. I made a template to have them made to fit correctly. If you don't have the foam wedge, ask them for the Doug McKenzie pattern. Doug bought his set years ago. They can send you both patterns so you can see how they fit in your car. The pic below is the first pattern made to fit w/o the foam. I then made a pattern to have the left edge of the matt fit straight up against the sidewall since that foam is under my carpet. Drew
by foam, you mean the foam that came with the car? and on the right side, that foam also in place?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While the wife is away I get to use the kitchen table to replace the rubber on the driver’s door chrome, both the sweep for the glass and the thin U channel on the underside. Always use a bit of Wurth glue to hold the U channel, the wind will peel it back otherwise. And use lots of rubber lube for the sweep and force it into the channel starting at one end. So nice having a clean workbench, I mean table, to work on.

87D37377-DEF3-46F4-97E3-D5974FAEFB99.jpeg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While the wife is away I get to use the kitchen table to replace the rubber on the driver’s door chrome, both the sweep for the glass and the thin U channel on the underside. Always use a bit of Wurth glue to hold the U channel, the wind will peel it back otherwise. And use lots of rubber lube for the sweep and force it into the channel starting at one end. So nice having a clean workbench, I mean table, to work on.

View attachment 119216
But I see you put a nice pad down to protect the surface (and yourself)

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tom--I found a pic of the correct pattern matt in my car. Note how the left edge of the matt is up against the side of the left wall.---Drew

Attachments

• IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 139

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
by foam, you mean the foam that came with the car? and on the right side, that foam also in place?
Yes--The wedge piece of foam that's under the carpet. The passenger matt seems to fit w/o problems using the template they have on file. I assume that foam is on the passenger side also. I never pulled the carpet back on either side of my car.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes--The wedge piece of foam that's under the carpet. The passenger matt seems to fit w/o problems using the template they have on file. I assume that foam is on the passenger side also. I never pulled the carpet back on either side of my car.
Very good. Yes I see that. Thanks a lot!
Tom

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 119216
Whoa, Chris I sincerely hope she doesn't check in on the Forum to see what's going on! Then again, I guess that is why she is away! ;)

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 119216
Wouldn't this have been a lot easier if you had used a red-handled screwdriver????

FinnCoupe

Reaction score
Raised CSL on to jackstands. Sitting in winter storage for months created issues with fuel delivery.
There is a leak in, or somewhere around, the fuel pump.

m_thompson

Reaction score
Installed the chrome hood and fender grills that I bought from W&N. They look marvelous on a dark colored coupe! Cleaned and waxed everything in preparation for a car show on Sunday.

I dug through boxes of spare parts and found the black stickers that go under the fender grills that I bought 35 years ago. The stickers needed to be trimmed a little before installation. Getting the push-on fasteners for the fender grills in place was a little painful. I also found 35 year old screws and nylon washers for the hood grills. The screws from W&N were a little different than the ones from BMW. I really should inventory all of the little parts that I bought when I first started working on the coupe.

I bought black hood and fender grills from the local BMW dealer 35 years ago because the chrome ones were no longer available. I planned to get aluminum sputtered on them, but never did. I will post the original black grills on the parts forum.

Bimmer 3.0 CS

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was fortunate to see HB Chris’ Coupe this weekend and it’s very impressive! Great job Chris!

Last edited:

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I too am a convert to chrome on dark colors.

View attachment 119401
Hi Chris,
Chrome looks great on Malaga, ask me how I know!
I would keep one thing in mind that the braces (?) would look better in black. I found an NOS side grill, years ago and it had the black braces. From the side looking at the car and just seeing the four only horizontal slats, to me looks great.

Attachments

• 9F259545-12E6-45B1-89C7-94D769710600.jpeg
    9F259545-12E6-45B1-89C7-94D769710600.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 125
  • FBB54A64-798C-41D3-9CD3-7D611B8DEDD6.jpeg
    FBB54A64-798C-41D3-9CD3-7D611B8DEDD6.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 837EA58C-D8B9-4D24-865D-8BBF9A6E8CF6.jpg
    837EA58C-D8B9-4D24-865D-8BBF9A6E8CF6.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 138

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@merdad
infact, the very early fender grills’ horizontal ‘slats’ were black and the lateral ones were chrome and or Matt chrome.
I came across this shop that still sells the older type. The hood grills also had Matt slats to match...

Attachments

• 22806A26-C497-4233-A1DD-D66D82A003C1.jpeg
    22806A26-C497-4233-A1DD-D66D82A003C1.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 128

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@merdad
infact, the very early fender grills’ horizontal ‘slats’ were black and the lateral ones were chrome and or Matt chrome.
I came across this shop that still sells the older type. The hood grills also had Matt slats to match...

That is true, and at one point I was going route. I also have an NOS mat chrome hood grills.