Removed the rotisserie today

Attachments

• 22E1A756-83A3-420B-B179-DEBEC5F555C2.jpeg
    22E1A756-83A3-420B-B179-DEBEC5F555C2.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 189

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got passenger side vapor barrier and door card installed, everything tucked in nice. I have been told end of wood should be chocolate brown, not black.
View attachment 121753View attachment 121754

Then things got worse, upper stud is stripped for gas door.

View attachment 121756
Re: Chocolate brown....Last set that I did, I used Behr Ultra... Expresso Bean satin. Lowe's mixed up a baby sample..pretty much right on the orig molding that I took with me... is plenty for many, many coupes. Around $7.00, I think. I haven't top coated with a satin poly, and don't know that I will. Touch up can be in-situ, if need be.
Other place its brown; on the inside of the speaker grille frame...and on the flip side behind/under the fabric.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.JPG
    IMG_2555.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2557.JPG
    IMG_2557.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Then things got worse, upper stud is stripped for the gas door.

View attachment 121756
I got lucky, I was able to tap with the original m5 thread. My bracket has been notched for the center stud so I put a nut with a captured washer on it lightly, slipped the hinge under it, tightened a bit, got the upper nut on but without a washer, tightened a bit and then got lower nut on. This lower one is the hardest as the nut has to sit on your fingertip and hope it will sit on the stud while turning with same fingertip!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I chose Behr Rave Raisin as it looks closer to Jon’s coupe. It is still wet in this pic, under $5 too at Home Depot.
3DD2ADCB-EF3A-4E72-9078-49ECD253F913.jpeg
97B9A5C9-CEB3-411F-89F3-243A78122C28.jpeg

And with Paul’s help as well as Collin‘s we got the front bumper installed in 10 minutes, one of the easier tasks so far. Just rocker trim and rockers themselves plus driver door card and kick panels.

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I have never been a big fan of the air dams on these cars....seems to detract from the natural lines (it's only my opinion) SO.....I made up my own rubber spoiler for the front......just to give it a bit of a mean look. Also if I have any problems with speed bumps etc etc......its rubber and bends ;) I need to do a little bit of adjustment on the ends....to get a perfect fit.
20210625_201251.jpg
20210627_140449.jpg
20210627_140529.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barney and I attended a German car event in Boerne, Texas ( just north of San Antonio). We both came away with some bling from the judges.

4488B0A0-F421-42BE-93C7-9FFB4BE4579C.jpeg

C94C4AC9-DB83-4A69-B36F-C8AC3093F2DB.jpeg

FDF6961E-C426-4F2A-B32B-54A952125BE1.jpeg
A71933DD-D1CD-421D-B52B-011BCD4364A4.jpeg

That Porsche 959 was amazing....such a cool machine.

Attachments

• 0F0FD24D-F06D-4F06-B39B-7439E8C7B20D.jpeg
    0F0FD24D-F06D-4F06-B39B-7439E8C7B20D.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 144

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I have never been a big fan of the air dams on these cars....seems to detract from the natural lines (it's only my opinion) SO.....I made up my own rubber spoiler for the front......just to give it a bit of a mean look. Also if I have any problems with speed bumps etc etc......its rubber and bends ;) I need to do a little bit of adjustment on the ends....to get a perfect fit.View attachment 122006View attachment 122007View attachment 122008
Paul-I thought you had that special Kooglewerks air dam under the bumper. --Drew

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove a 100 plus miles today in coupe / 125 yesterday over 1600 miles since purchasing Equal to the amount of miles put on it in the last 12 years got out on highway for some 80mph action really like the way it pulls at 70/75…
Is that a legit TX license plate?

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well it’s more like what I’ve done in the past two weeks......

The car has always dieseled a bit after shut off when I installed the 38/38 Webers 15 years ago. So I ordered two idle jet shut off solenoids from Allstate Carburetor dot com. Then, in reading through the Haynes manual for Webers I saw there were 4 idle jets, two per carb. So I ordered two more..... First mistake....

Solenoids came in so two Saturdays ago I set out to install them, going for the drivers side first. Well that had me puzzled, as the jets would not fit the solenoids. I put it back together as before and planned to call Allstate on Monday. But thinking about it overnight, the next morning I went for the passenger side idle jets. Bingo! They fit! I did have to do a little grinding on the carbs with a Drexel tool, as the fit of the solenoid is VERY VERY tight. And for solenoid power I tapped into the line going to the electric choke. While I was there I adjusted the idle, the idle mixture, and the chokes. Spent about an hour doing so with the car running there in the garage (mistake two). In the course of doing this I noticed one of the accelerator pump diaphragms was leaking and I didn’t want to drive it like that. So on Monday I ordered a diaphragm and a spare from Allstate. First mistake solved as the second set of solenoids was unopened and Allstate accepted them back for a refund less a small restocking fee.

Diaphragms came in, and it was a quick installation. Now out for a test drive. And it ran like crap! Coughing, sputtering, and just miserable. Back to the garage, and out came the solenoids. Another test drive and it still ran like crap just as before! Now I realized the plugs had gotten all carboned up during the extended idling in the garage. Busy that Saturday night so on Sunday I took it out and drove the crap out of it. Ran fine after. Back to the garage to wait for next opportunity.

So today I simply installed the two solenoids and took it for a drive. Ran great! And no dieseling after shutoff! Job complete.

As an aside note, the reason I spent so much time messing with the idle and idle mixture was because I had switched from K&N-like chrome air filters (actually from J C Whitney many years ago.....) to a stock air filter assembly, Just made sense to me after all these years that the engine would run stronger breathing the cool outside air instead of the hot air from around the engine compartment. The used stock filter assembly I got off of this site from Dick Steinkamp (thanks again!), and came with the JAM adapters. Once I put this on, the engine was running very lean, because it was breathing so much better. Hence so much time adjusting the idle and the mixture.

Side note number two, the car was faster with the J C Whitney filters than with the identical K&N filters. Be interesting to test it now, what with the Weber 38s, ball of snake headers, and stock air filter assembly.

To top it off and complete my day, I replaced the burned out bulb in the clock. Gawd I hate working under the dash!

Last edited: