• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 183

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
So many questions about this photo.....
That's a really unusual way to use a mid rise lift, is it just to get more working room? What is the floor jack sitting on? What is the ground like, and is it stable under those loads? What's holding up a tent of that size? How do you get the cars up on the rack and is it rated for those loads?

Daniel Sweden Lifted cars L.jpg

climbernyc

Reaction score
Front Seats coming out next week to be restuffed, resprung etc while keeping the original leather...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I changed my oil and filter today and I forgot how trickey it is to remove the cannister from the bottom without spilling oil, which I did, of course -- spill the oil, not remove the canister successfully!. And the new oil container I bought at the auto parts store didn't exactly allow my warm exiting oil to flow entirely into the container, versus about 3 quarts on my garage floor! So a 30 minute procedure took about 2 hours with clean up and my COO wasn't happy. I also swaped a locking cap for the expansion tank on the radiator as I suspect it's been leaking for a years. Hopefully, this will solve the mysterious vanishing fluid and slightly higher temps I've been running for about a year -- 3:30 versus 4 or 4:30 on the gauge maybe due to not having full pressure in the system.

The test drive after was great but I started thinking my Coupe King exhaust is too loud and not mellow enough..I wonder if I should start thinking about a non-stainless can in the rear to mellow things out...

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I were a gazillionaire I would move Barney's shop across the street from Carl Nelson's in La Jolla, work on my cars and surf. I have a feeling Ed's car is going to be one of the finest 2000 CS's, these guys don't fool around and there's decades of knowledge concentrated in a very nice part of Austin - you guys certainly don't need me, I learned a bunch just hangin' around.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The test drive after was great but I started thinking my Coupe King exhaust is too loud and not mellow enough..I wonder if I should start thinking about a non-stainless can in the rear to mellow things out...

Wayne, how about leave well enough alone- look what happened when you changed your oil! :) :)

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ignored the rust, hacked various BMW parts together to make lights fit that shouldn't fit.
4KGkfW5.jpg

Made lights that actually should fit a bit shinier.
ZAuB0ZZ.jpg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Because of our travel, my health issue (and associated constraints), Lorelei had not been driven since late April. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so she and I headed out for a nice excursion through the southeast PA countryside. Only about 40 miles, but we both enjoyed it. May not get many more chances to do that in 2017