What did you do to your E9 today?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I checked the tire pressures and put the car cover back on since we are getting rain today. Not quite ready to put her in the garage for the big restoration.
But first the Honda CX500 gas tank will have to get paint on it's fresh primer so it can live outside. The Boxster crept into the garage last night so it's coolant leak can be fixed and it can get a new ignition switch. Sigh, it never seems to end, but I keep thinking that the day of restoration will come eventually.

Ian

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Went to dinner with Chris Ohmes and Wayne Killen at Clyde’s in Restin Virginia last night. Then today drove to Mahwah NJ to visit Joe Rodriguez then off to Darien CT to visit Peter Coomaraswamy at my old neighbor’s house. Passed my old work place too.

6758AAD5-F59D-4944-BC9B-6441C8837BB6.jpeg
B5FAB482-7B65-4030-A098-E58ABF94189A.jpeg
C875910C-32BE-4511-91F8-ED6C5CF5C3EB.jpeg

7EBCC576-68C3-4E62-9C2A-37EAE8439734.jpeg

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove from Norwalk CT, to Westport CT to visit my Packard Twelve then to Bridgeport CT to Ricetta's in Falmouth ME to arrive safely home after 3 weeks on the road. Drove a total of 9,426 km or 5,844 miles.

IMG_4969.JPG
IMG_4970.JPG
IMG_4971.JPG

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't today, but on Friday, I woke up at 5am in San Francisco and drove straight through to Sun Valley, Idaho, over 700 miles, only stopping for gas. The car was a dream to drive. I'm not entirely sure, but I venture to guess that I drive my coupe more than most members here. I just love taking it on road trips. I have driven it to California from here at least 3 times round trip, and another time to Vegas and back, in addition to using it for my primary car during the summer time.
I will never sell it.
Other than some very minor things, e.g. clock and trip odometer don't work, sunroof sticks sometimes, I have had all the mechanical issues addressed now. I am getting it painted next week and then it will be as close to perfect (not concourse by any means) as I want for the next 4 decades.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
who is Andrew?

from the post directly above yours :)

arrive safely home after 3 weeks on the road. Drove a total of 9,426 km or 5,844 miles.

Kudos to ANYONE who ventures out for more than a tankful of gas, but I venture to bet that Andrew has more "Iron Butt" Awards than anyone... How many miles do you think Andrew has put on Athena and Vern?

Ed

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
from the post directly above yours :)

Kudos to ANYONE who ventures out for more than a tankful of gas, but I venture to bet that Andrew has more "Iron Butt" Awards than anyone... How many miles do you think Andrew has put on Athena and Vern?

Ed

100km or 62K miles on Athena in 6 years. 70K plus on Vern in 7 years. Currently have 2 consecutive 'Iron Butts' from Mid America and 1 from Brisbane in South San Francisco. Plus a Hard Luck from Mid America

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
100km or 62K miles on Athena in 6 years. 70K plus on Vern in 7 years. Currently have 2 consecutive 'Iron Butts' from Mid America and 1 from Brisbane in South San Francisco. Plus a Hard Luck from Mid America

I missed meeting you when you were in Austin. I didn't go on Terry's run as I was in the middle of house painting, wish I could have made it. Looking forward to next year.

Ian

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by to inspect the '67 today, Peter. I appreciate the advice and experienced eye. Lots done today. Doors off, chassis dolly complete, outer rockers completely cut off and driver's side replacement prefitted.
IMG_8728.JPGIMG_8723.JPGIMG_8725.JPG
Ed