What did you do to your E9 today?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Terry Sayther's a good guy.

Peter C.

Met Terry Sayther this spring at the Mid-America '02 fest, he drove the M2 Baur. He also gave me a new Tii water pump gasket when my water pump failed and had to be replaced in the parking lot. Mike Self wrote about it in the June or July Roundel.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No projects today, but took das coupe and die wife on a swamp tour, no pics of the coupe but I managed to snap this of a gator:

IMG_2176.JPG

Beautiful day here for a high speed, carbon removing venture. The triples love cool air.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I let my friend drive my Coupe, and I broke the door grab handle while closing the door.

Glad it was me pulling the door. I felt a snap and stopped moving the door. My lady probably would have just tried harder.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are available, fairly inexpesive too. May only be available in black.

I let my friend drive my Coupe, and I broke the door grab handle while closing the door.

Glad it was me pulling the door. I felt a snap and stopped moving the door. My lady probably would have just tried harder.

pmansson

Reaction score
Gasket is too small

The new, grey gaskets will not fit, as we all seem to agree on. I cut mine at the 6 o´clock position, leaving a small fairly invisible gap. On one car I have the original gasket which isn´t and never was grey. Instead it is skin colour sort of. Perhaps it was transparent in 1973. I bit dirty, yellowish, but looks far better than the grey ones.

brea

Reaction score
3 Days, 850+ miles, countless turns, dirt roads and more

Entered my car into the 2015 California Melee this past weekend and had a fantastic time and I also saw Shanon's e9 up at the Red Bluff hotel when he came by to visit.

Attachments

• IMG_5720.jpg
    IMG_5720.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5890.jpg
    IMG_5890.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5764.jpg
    IMG_5764.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

brea

Reaction score
Entered my car into the 2015 California Melee this past weekend and had a fantastic time and I also saw Shanon's e9 up at the Red Bluff hotel when he came by to visit.

A few mores pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5979.jpg
    IMG_5979.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5974.jpg
    IMG_5974.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stopped at the shop where I bought Athena to get a quote for repairing the air dam again, this will be the 3rd repaint and second repair.

This damage happened at The Vintage in NC this year while turning around to line up with the other E9s. Pulled into the driveway fine, when I turned the wheels and backed out I heard it scrape, didn't think it did any damage at the time, I was wrong about that.

Goes in the 28th of Sept 2015

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 166

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Entered my car into the 2015 California Melee this past weekend and had a fantastic time and I also saw Shannon's e9 up at the Red Bluff hotel when he came by to visit.

That Shanon character sure gets around!
:razz:

Next April join us on the Targa California.

Tom P

Reaction score
Brendan,

I might have what you need. Perfect condition just need to verify that the color matches and it's yours... Going to Danville Concours this weekend? Text me, I'll be there. Or shoot me your address and I'll drop it in the mail for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 180

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd been away for four weeks, then upon returning had a touch of flu and a lot of things to take care of. BUT - yesterday morning, I took Lorelei (My wife's name for the car, as it 'seduced' me away from my Porsche 928 GTS, much as the folklore woman seduced seamen to crash into that huge rock on a bend in the Rhine river) for a great ride through the winding roads and rolling countryside of southeast PA.

First exercise she'd had in 6 weeks. We BOTH loved it!

Last edited:

brea

Reaction score
Days, 850+ miles, countless turns, dirt roads and more

That Shanon character sure gets around!
:razz:

Next April join us on the Targa California.

Chris, thanks for the heads up on the Targa California, I will mark my calendar and see if it works!

I was planning on doing the 2016 Snowball Rally that starts off in Sacramento and travels up around Lake Tahoe area and gold country. I know the Snowball Rally is usually held on the last weekend in April which I think may conflict with the Targa California.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
As always, drove it like I stole it. Hit 75 in a 35 zone in the S curves on a restricted road. Love the way it accelerates and handles!