What did you do to your E9 today?

Simufly

Reaction score
Recent stuff.

Refitted refurbished Aux air valve and fitted new oil filter head with taps for oil temp and pressure.
Wiring to come later!

Attachments

• P1010528.jpg
    P1010528.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 194
  • P1010859.jpg
    P1010859.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P1010860.jpg
    P1010860.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 195

Tom P

Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but I jumped at the chance to get up before sunrise on Saturday to take our son 50mi across the SF Bay to his volleyball tourney and then returned later that day to pick him up!

Amazing what a coupe, a bridge crossing at sunrise and father/son outing will make you do!

Can't wait to take my aunt to SFO to help her catch her 7am flight back to Milwaukee!

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpg
    IMG_8140.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 192

Tom P

Reaction score
Joined the Danville Concours on Sunday semi-alongside of Kurt D's stunning Nachtblau '72 3.0CS to help support Parkinson's. Despite the 103 degree day, it was a great turnout and our coupes got a lot of attention.

Hats off to Kurt for taking the win in the 70's sports car class! I can't say enough about Kurt and his contribution to our hobby. I'm sporting his window motor upgrades and the work he did on his interior was definitely inspiring for me when I was in the thick of it. For those unfamiliar, check out his work here.

https://sites.google.com/site/kdelimon/home

Some eye candy attached - gotta love the '63 Ferrari 250GTO and it's understated presence for those walking by and unaware of it's $35M+ value! Too many Ferraris to count but one of my favorites is still the Dino...

Coupe photos spotted by Brenden and photo credit to: Dave_Car_Guy over at VWVortex

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 188
  • Image-1[3].jpg
    Image-1[3].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Image-1[3] copy 2.jpg
    Image-1[3] copy 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Image-1[3] copy.jpg
    Image-1[3] copy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love pre-dawn trips in the coupe, and seeing the sun come up through the glass cabin while at speed is exhilarating.

Never thought I'd say this but I jumped at the chance to get up before sunrise on Saturday to take our son 50mi across the SF Bay to his volleyball tourney and then returned later that day to pick him up!

Amazing what a coupe, a bridge crossing at sunrise and father/son outing will make you do!

Can't wait to take my aunt to SFO to help her catch her 7am flight back to Milwaukee!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Coupe photos spotted by Brenden and photo credit to: Dave_Car_Guy over at VWVortex

Dave is a really cool guy. He's been thinking about buying a CSL, and he wanted to drive a Coupe to see if he liked it. He couldn't find a CSL to drive, so he asked if he could drive my 2800. I was more than happy to help, and for my troubles he let me drive his McLaren MP4-12C.

I think he had more fun driving my car in the Santa Cruz mountains than I did driving his.

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
Turned up a set of adaptors for o ring injectors to l jet fuel rail for my 3.5 build. I can feel the budget getting tighter for this so made them instead of outlaying another $200.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 196

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had the valves adjusted and new valve cover gasket. Athena running great so much more power. Valves must have been really out of adjustment. Money well spent. :grin:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
what did you do...

Tapped and rethreaded hole to secure one of the exhaust manifold covers. Took them off to clean and polish, but one bolt broke off, of course. All good now. With new shiny 6mm bolts!
Mike

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We need to share this Chris- Benji will be here soon!
Have you seen the black csi?

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finished the dismantling process for a couple of OE front seats that had poor to fair upholstery on the bottoms and fronts of the backrests. The padding was poor on both seat bottoms as well.

Packaged up the best of the upholstery and one seat bottom and sent them off to Michigan to a good friend who does excellent restoration seat upholstery. He'll make up a set of seat bottom and backrest front upholstery and new seat bottom padding. When complete and I've installed the 'stuff' on the frames, I'll be able to replace the aftermarket sport front seats in the '74 e9.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score

Have also discovered the wonders of Gummi Phlege on the old seals.

Yes, great stuff. I bought a second bottle recently. There was none available for a while because of a label redesign. I plan to use it on all my car's seals so they don't get old as fast.

As for my E9, I'm reduced to sorting parts to make a bit more room in the garage until I get the Stuttgart made lump running and out of there. Then the restoration will begin. Looks like a busy winter ahead.