What did you do to your E9 today?

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E0BC2618-46A0-4B23-BC4F-EA87CB489E08.jpeg
1A03D963-33A3-4665-91DA-4588A755DBD1.jpeg

Finally investigated my various steering wheels.
The Petri in my Ceylon CSL is a 38 cm foam wheel with a 3 ribbed hub. Changed out to a very nice Motorsport wheel. I’ve always like this look on the CSL especially with the wing and hoop.
The Taiga has a 40cm foam Petri with CS hub. Changed out to my favorite Alpina wheel. Now I need to find a CSL hub cover for my 38 leather CSL Petri.

Too much to list on Jabberjaw but will soon. Thx to Don for his help and visit. That car will finally get right. I can’t stand to see it in disrepair. Always ran well, but now getting detailed undercarriage and engine. and new interior!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love both wheels! You snapped both pics in the most unflattering lighting conditions and they still look great. I love the patina on the Alpina wheel.

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We had a break in the foggy weather last Friday, so I took The Unicorn for a spin up to Ybrig. Good timing, as they probably got their first half-foot of snow over the weekend, so the salt trucks will have been out.
I am just lovin' how this thing ROARS! Working out the 2nd-3rd gear dynamic... run 2nd up to 4K and it's a nice transition into 3rd. Still a little tricky on the downshift... drop the speed or stay in 3rd and rely on the loads of torque.
Haven't had time to polish up the hubcaps and mount them...
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Disconnecting passenger seat no-start sender. Driver's was disconnected along with all other 74 buzzers and nanny devices, so I forgot about it completely. It had power but it wouldn't start only when she sat down first. She thought she was jinxing the car, and I was just embarrassed it wouldn't start every time she got in it. :oops:o_O:confused:

mr bump

Reaction score
Dash is back in, trims are on, fitted an extra 12v cigar socket, new carpet gone in. Had to make a ring for round the seat adjusters, I'm happy they came out well. Fitted x 2 40-watt tweeter speakers into the rear window handle blank holes. Just the seats, belts, glove box, and a few minor bits then ready.
20190101_175601.jpg
20181230_184334.jpg
20181230_183948.jpg
20181230_183915.jpg
20181230_183845.jpg
20181230_183934.jpg

mr bump

Reaction score
Looking good! Tweeters in that location is a cool idea. I wonder how they’d fit in the fronts.
I would imagine the same, but never gave the fronts a thought when ordering the rear ones. You've given me another job to do LOL. They are only 15mm thick so won't interfere with the window going up and down.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did a bunch of small e9 tasks over the break. Today I was going to snap a video of the (destructive) choice of using an air chisel to remove the strut retainer. The retainer ring wasn’t factory though and I need to buy a special tool.

I did snap a short video of a spring compressor in action with an impact gun. The benefit of using an impact gun on a strut is that you don’t have to worry about the shaft spinning.

Dohn

Reaction score
Was just talking with a former coupe owner at the gas station who had a Taiga CSL back in Brazil.

Just found this thread. Not bad to have something to talk about with the great Emerson Fittipaldi! I always knew he was a class act, but e9 ownership clinches it...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking good! Tweeters in that location is a cool idea. I wonder how they’d fit in the fronts.
i agree on how they look / fit in the rear ... gives me something to do on mine for sure. i put my front tweeters in the door ash trays - this is the inspiration pic from somebody else, but mine look the same.

bmw e9 - ashtray tweeter 4.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
earlier in the week Gary helped me re-solder the instrument mounting plate to the refinished trim rings. so today i took the temp / fuel gauge and the tach apart - just to clean the glass + instrument face so they didn't look horrible next to the reworked speedo + clock that Palo Alto Speedo did for me. then i put it all together with the wood panel
gauge cluster - redone.jpg

gauge cluster - detail left.jpg

gauge cluster - detail right.jpg