What do you drive when not driving the E9???

pamp

Reaction score
2002 540i MSport...6 speed manual. A true torque monster. I drive it 2nd 4th 6th...like a three speed when company is being transported. Full shift only when I want to have fun! Very civilized when driven this way. The wife loves the 2000 V70 XC. Never a problem. Chevy full size with the V-6, economical and does all a pick-up needs to do. 2002 R1150 RT...the best and heated grips!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to update my answer (and promise not to laugh). Being in upstate NY doesn't leave one with too many options to the coupe for the either winter or rainy days. I still use my 2005 330xi daily, but we also just bought a 2013 X1. Our X1 has the twin turbo 2.0L engine with an 8 speed automatic. It handles great and has plenty of power. BMW has disproved the theory that you can't make a fun, small SUV (or SAV as they call it).

I was wondering what those drove like. I think it would make a great daily for the type of driving I do.

Pamp, that bike sounds Great.. When and if my kids hit College I am thinking the 800 BMW is at the top of my list.

DaSurfa

Reaction score
This was my daily for the last couple years until I found my 71 2800CS couple months ago. The 2800cs is kinda my daily for now but I do switch between the two and my other a 2010 FJCruiser.

1964 VW Beetle with 1600cc single port motor and heavy duty freeway flyer tranny. I've also got a 1956 VW oval window beetle that I'm currently working on.
DSC4695_sm.jpg

execmalibu

Reaction score
Mercedes SL65 AMG. Ferrari Dino Spyder. 356 Speedster. 73 911S targa. Rolls Cornich

A few of the toys...

I have owned a lot of Exotic cars... But with the exception of my 1966 427 Cobra the SL65 is one of the most INSANE cars to drive...

670HP + 750 Ft Lbs of Torque at just 2,000 rpm! The car is a MONSTER:mrgreen:...

Attachments

• SL65:SLR WHLS.jpg
    SL65:SLR WHLS.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DINO 7.jpg
    DINO 7.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Speedster.jpg
    Speedster.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 114
  • 1 CORNICHE.jpg
    1 CORNICHE.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 103
  • OCEAN BLU S.JPG
    OCEAN BLU S.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 147

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I went to the Mercedes AMG event two years ago where I got to drive all of their AMG models around the track and must say surprisingly enough the C-class was the most impressive both in driver feddback and handeling.

Orangener

Reaction score
My daily driver : Suzuki Maruti 800 The Lemon

796 ccm / 49 cu in // 30 Hp // Maximum speed : 140 km/h (87 mph) // 0-100 km/h (62 mph) : 18.8 seconds // 1/4-mile : 28.5 seconds

Maruti.jpg

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
A 1M, which replaced my E39 M5 pretty recently. It's nice to see BMW still makes one or two cars that can still be fairly called UDM.

So how does it feel to own a car (1M) that you have had the pleasure to drive for a year now and has appreciated in value in the tune of $20k? :)

scottd

Reaction score
06 Carrera S
68 911S
Mini Clubman S daily driver and for work-related schlepping of stuff

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
'98 840ci & '84 Mercedes 280sl - the latter is my favourite car - its slow as hell but it has never failed me and has a lot of character - its a 5 speed manual and has yet to have a replacement clutch despit having done 175k miles!

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems like the 1M is popular with E9 owners. I have the first one registered in Australia. I've had a run of German cars starting with a 300E Merc, VW Golf GTi, BMW335i and now the 1M. I'm one of the "crashers" having put my 1M into a tyre wall at a local race track. Car was off the road for six months due to a lack of parts in BMW's inventory for such a, at that time, new car.

I've had too many bikes to remember but I'm now a non rider. I just don't have the sense of immortality any more to ride the way I'd like to. Tried a Harley to see if I could have fun going slowly but it just didn't work for me.

I still have a Honda RC30 which is in the final stages of a complete nut and bolt restoration. Everything is here it just needs to be put together properly. If you think parts for E9s can be hard to come by you should try one of these. In my humble opinion it is one of the greatest motorcycles ever made. A real thoroughbred with an extraordinary racing pedigree.

I love to see a classic resurrected and am now the owner of two CS coupes. One is at the bare shell stage for a complete restoration. The usual upgrades with a B35, 3.45 LSD, suspension, brakes, 16' Alpinas, black leather interior and finished in Verona. I have all the original parts including the matching number engine, interior etc which will be kept aside. At the moment it's research, research and more research. My friends see the mad jumble of bits and pieces, give a half shake of the head and say " well, good luck".
Beats watching TV.:)