What do you drive when not driving the E9???

loloe13

Reaction score
my other weekend cruiser -1992 Mazda MX-6 v6-GE !
4WS is fun, he's not too exotic but makes me feel like I am 18 years old again :razz:

Attachments

• MX-6 06e02.jpg
    MX-6 06e02.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 90

threewebers

Reaction score
Cars

Me, Ford F250 Diesel 4x4(yes it feels bigger), E30 M3,914-6,CRG-Rotax ....e9 almost runs!!
Wife, 528i sport
Kid., Fernando Alonso kart-Comer 80

johanaxelson

Reaction score
How I would love one of those. I daily a 2003 325 IT. We never had any engine options in North America with this body style. Mine has been updated with 330i trailing arms, axles and brakes.

Very happy with it, has the newer engine as well with the common rail II.

Zero mods. Spend my money on the E9.

Last edited:

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Alternate ride(s)

Daily driver is a Z4 MCoupe. Have a 530xi Touring (wagon) as a grocery-getter. Wife drives a 328i convertible. Of course, none of these compete with the coupe. On warm, dry, sunny days, the alternate choice is a round tail light 2002tii. The choice between the tii and the coupe is made based on the roads to be traversed (tii is a better Tail of the Dragon back-road-carver), the (wife's) desire for air conditioning (coupe only), or my interest in catching people's attention and collecting "oohs and aahs" (coupe wins hands down).

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Me, Ford F250 Diesel 4x4(yes it feels bigger), E30 M3,914-6,CRG-Rotax ....e9 almost runs!!
Wife, 528i sport
Kid., Fernando Alonso kart-Comer 80

You have a CRG Rotax. That is very cool. Probably the most intense vehicle on this list of vehicles.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My DD is a Toyota Sequioa. You have to drive a tank in Atlanta or you get run over. LOL Also works well for grandkids.

Since I see many mentions of the E28 M5 I thought I would post this picture of my black on black M5. Documented as 1 of 30 US cars with black interior.

It has been to three Ofests and has been on the track at Barber and Road Atlanta. I rebuilt the motor 4 years ago with cams from the later model M5 and higher compression pistons. Output is now 345 on the dyno. It's fun to drive.

M5BFSignature.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
128i, stick, sport package, no other options except ipod adapter. This car embodies everything that BMW is still doing right. A Mustang GT is faster, a GTI is cheaper, but neither has the balance of the BMW. Not too heavy, not overpowered, rear drive, great shifter, seats, etc. Fast enough on the track for me. Read Mike Miller's rave review in the current Roundel, and that says it all. I hope people buy some more 1 series cars, so BMW will continue to sell them here. Same goes for manual transmissions. If no one buys them, they will go away.
Previously had an e36 m3 coupe and then a sedan. 128i is nearly as fast, handles just as well, rides and shifts much better in daily use.
Scott

I have since upgraded from a 128i to the 1M, which is a beast. Yet the ride quality is excellent, and I find the car very comfortable overall. I am on the short side, however. Many, many have been wrecked already, because with the traction control off it is very easy to run out of road, er...talent.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since I see many mentions of the E28 M5 I thought I would post this picture of my black on black M5. Documented as 1 of 30 US cars with black interior.

and the engine compartment is quite tidy.

Attachments

• IMG00405-20111011-1141.jpg
    IMG00405-20111011-1141.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that new to you Scott? Looks very nice. How do you like it?

rb1971

Reaction score
Many, many have been wrecked already, because with the traction control off it is very easy to run out of road, er...talent.

True. I think I've only had mine entirely off about 3 times, and once I was almost totally sideways without really trying. The medium setting normally suffices.

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
True. I think I've only had mine entirely off about 3 times, and once I was almost totally sideways without really trying. The medium setting normally suffices.

My other impractical, but wholly emotional, car is a 1M as well. The engineers at BMW wanted to create a modern E30 M3...but for me, it is the reincarnation of the 2002Tii (Valencia instead Inka Orange). It is such an amazing machine that I never really want my trip to end.

As far as my daily driver, it is Saab 9-5 Wagon that I took over when my wife moved up to a minivan.

Stefan

Reaction score
I'm going for a Audi A6 for the normal driving, to work and back home :)

Sadly so has the brand of BMW been partly ruined by amount of produced cars together with the drug dealers longing to drive the most expensive BMW's.

Unexpected as well, Mercedes sense to build quality cars has fallen within the last 10 years.

duane_sword

Reaction score
While my E9 sleeps during the week or through the long winter here in the northeast, the daily driver is an E61 535xi Touring and the wife enjoys the E53 X5 4.4i (kind of like buying your wife a bowling ball).

G

Reaction score
Daily rider !

Family vehicle, 2003 Volvo XC 90 T6, ours is a lemon. Somethings always breaking ! Lucky for me my commute to work is only 6 kms away, so aside from winter my daily is a 2010 specialized roulux ....:)

Attachments

• specialized_bg_roulux_1.jpg
    specialized_bg_roulux_1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 108

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
My other wheels--

I'm accused of being partial to blue cars--some truth in that accusation:

1970 2800CS (so the badge says) BLUMAX Atlantic Blau--ready for any road or distance.
1976 LTLBLU2 in Atlantic Blau--nicely sorted with 5 speed and ready for long distance travel.
2001 530i Sport Model in Orient Metallic Blue--a great driver.

My regret is that I'm unable to drive any of them now--however--my Son, Chris Macha and me (the anal three) were here today and cleared a few items in need of attention. How good it is to have such skilled friends!!

After Chris left--my Son Dave tucked me into BLUMAX and on a beaautiful SoCal day we went for a spirited 45 minute drive in the coastal hills on some very lighly traveled roads overlooking the blue Pacific. It raised the old man's spirit to be out and about--my compliments to Daves driving skill--he can make the BLUMAX dance as he snicks through the 5 speed gearbox and now sitting on our new Conti Extreme summer tires they simply refuse to let go!!!

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
I want to update my answer (and promise not to laugh). Being in upstate NY doesn't leave one with too many options to the coupe for the either winter or rainy days. I still use my 2005 330xi daily, but we also just bought a 2013 X1. Our X1 has the twin turbo 2.0L engine with an 8 speed automatic. It handles great and has plenty of power. BMW has disproved the theory that you can't make a fun, small SUV (or SAV as they call it).